Chapter 5

Words Before: 439

Words Now: 876

The next day, Camila and I got ready and I drove us to school. I dropped Camila off around the corner then parked my car, waiting for her to walk by, so I knew she was safe. Marielle, another one of Camilas friends, walked up to her as they talked. Something was wrong when I saw Camila's angry face, but she quickly covered it.

While walking in, I heard people talking about how Regina and I were a cute couple.

Do you know what's worst? Camila won't talk to me. I tried talking to her, but she ignores me or walks away.

"Hey baby," Regina said, interrupting my thoughts.

"I have to go," I said trying to get away, but she grabbed my hand and pulled me to a closet. "What are you doing?"

She started messing up my hair and my clothes. "What are you doing?" I whispered.

"We have to make people believe we're a real couple."

"Camila is already avoiding me, this is only gonna make it worse," I said looking at her crazily.

She laughed and walked out. I walked out behind her straightening my hair and clothes.

I noticed Camila was out in the hallway and everyone was looking at me.

Camila's P. O. V

I watched as Lauren and Regina walked out. Lauren lied to me when she said she wasn't actually with her.

I stormed off and I could hear Lauren walking behind me. I walked into Lauren and I's meetup bathroom and held the door open until she walked in.

"Listen Camila, it's not what it looked like," Lauren hurried out.

"Then what was it? I've been hearing all day that you guys were all over each other at some party last night!" Camila yelled.

"I was at the party with her, but-"

"I don't wanna hear it, I know you're with her. We're over, so go be with your little 14 year old girlfriend," Camila said as she walked off.

Tears stung my eyes as someone walked out of one of the stalls. "Trouble in paradise?" Regina cackled.

"Why can't you just leave me alone?" I said with a shaky voice.

"I love ruining people's lives. It's quite amusing."

"You're a sick human being, you know that?" I hissed.

She said, "Oh, I know. My plan is working. I now have you aaall to myself," as she grabbed my hands. I ripped them out of her grasp.

"I can't do this anymore, Regina."

"Then I'm sure the whole school would love to see what happens with you and Camila behind closed doors," she waved her phone in my face. I sighed and closed my eyes. "That's what I thought, now let's go to lunch..girlfriend."

I walked behind her as we went to lunch.

Dinah got up as soon as she saw me. "What the fuck is going on? Camila just told me you're cheating?"

I looked over at Regina and said, "Could Dinah and I talk in private?" She looked at me with a blank face, but eventually walked away.

"Dinah, you have to believe me, I never once cheated on Camila. Regina and I are fake dating, but I think she wants to be more than fake lovers. When I was in the bathroom after Camila left, Regina was in there. She told me she likes to ruin peoples lives and her plan was working because Camila and I split up so she could have me to herself," I explained.

"That bitch is crazy."

"Yeah, well, at least you don't have to hang out with her everyday."

"Thank God for that," Dinah said.

"I'm gonna go get in line for lunch. Can you please convince Camila to let me explain?"

"I'll try, but no promises."

I sat next to Normani and Lucy at our regular table, but I could sense the tension. "What?" I asked with a mouthful of food.

"Are you really dating Regina?" Lucy asked.

"No, for the millionth time, she's blackmailing me and I have no choice," I ran my hands down my face.

----

Camila's pov

I was walking down the halls when I was stopped by Austin.

"Are you okay? You look a little down."

"I'm fine, Austin, can you just leave me alone?" I pleaded.

"Not until you go on a date with me. I've changed. If you give me one more chance, I'll prove it."

"Listen, I'm not looking for a relationship right now. I can't believe that you've changed. I'm sorry, but I have to go."

I walked past him and back to the cafeteria where I sat next to Dinah. "You should talk to Lau-"

"I'm gonna interrupt you right now. I'm not talking to her, end of story," I said harshly.

"Lauren explained everything to me and I really believe her, please just hear her out," Dinah begged.

"You're carrying her child, how do you expect to avoid her?"

"I don't know, but I'll figure it out," I said calmly.

"Give her one chance to explain herself."

"If I do it, will you shut up?"

Dinah nodded furiously.

"It'll have to be when we go home. Can I stay with you for a little while if it dont end well?"

"Of course you can," Dinah said.