Chapter 16

Words Before: 580

Words Now: 786

Lauren's POV

I sat staring at the email for about 10 minutes. L.A had said he was out in Miami for the next few days and would like me to come out to his office out here.

I closed my laptop, intending to reply later when I tell everyone. First I went to the room where Camila was laying on the bed reading a book.

"Camila, guess what?"

"Hmm?" She asked, not looking up from the book.

"I just got an email. L.A Reid wants me to meet up with him," I said, climbing onto the bed.

She quickly put her book down and looked at me. "Really? When?"

"He said the earliest I could come is tomorrow. You have no idea how happy I am, this has been my dream since I was a kid."

"I'm happy for you, just don't forget about us when you get millions of fans,"

"Like I could forget you," I crawled on top of her, my hands on either side of her head and my legs straddling hers.

"You better not," she leaned up and kissed me roughly on the mouth. She tangled her hands in my hair and pulled me closer to her. I could feel my pants getting tighter so I climbed off of her.

"I gotta go tell my mom the good news," I looked back at Camila and saw she had her arm thrown over her eyes looking a little disappointed. "Later," I whispered to her and kissed her quickly then left.

I walked into the living room and sat on the couch and dialled my mom.

"Hey sweetie, how are you?"

"I'm okay, I have some news."

"Did a record label get a hold of you?" She asked.

"Actually yes. L.A Reid wants me to come to his office in Miami to talk about getting signed."

"Oh gosh Lauren, I'm so happy for you!" Her mom exclaimed.

"Yeah, I can't believe I might actually get to live my dream. I won't be touring like I wanted to, but I'm fine with that."

"What about school?"

"Well, school ends in about a week so I'm good on that. I don't know about the next two years of school. I might have to drop out or go completely online, cause obviously someone's gotta be here with the baby," I said.

"I'll support you either way, just make sure that if you decide to drop out, it's 100% what you want."

"I promise, mami."

"I gotta go, Lo, but I love you and miss you," she said.

"I love and miss you too," I hung up and went back to our room, Normani and Dinah could wait.

———

I was sitting in the lobby at L.A Reid's building waiting for him to call me up. My hands were shaking and I was bouncing my leg up and down.

"Lauren?" I looked up from playing with my hands and saw a lady in about her 40s. "L.A is ready to see you, I'll take you right up."

I stood up and wiped my hands on my pants and followed the lady. We walked to an elevator where she pressed floor 3 then we got to a hallway which led us to his door.

The lady knocked, then pushed the door open and held it for me. I walked in and stood awkwardly.

"Please, have a seat," L.A told me pointing at a chair. I walked over and sat down, put my right leg over my left. "You've grown pretty popular on YouTube," he started.

"Yes sir," I said nodding.

"I really love your voice and that song of yours is just perfect," I blushed and looked down at my lap. "I liked you so much that I have a deal for you."

I looked up at him and nodded.

"So I have a contract here," he pushed a peice of paper in front of me. "Read it over and if you sign it, you'll be a part of my record label."

"I have a question about something," I said. "So my fiancé is pregnant and I'm gonna be a mother and I can't exactly tour if it comes to it. Is there a way to avoid that?" I asked.

"Yes, so if you sign you'll be writing and recording, which will take a while. Maybe a year or two. Then if it does well, maybe you can do shows here and there, but I won't make you fully tour. Maybe when you graduate you can bring your child and fiancé, but I won't make you tour."

"Thank you, I'll read over it soon."

"Well you're good to leave, have a nice day."

A/N: Stream Wild Side by Normani