Chapter 14

Words Before: 486

Words Now: 485

"Welcome," I smiled at my grandma and pulled her into a hug.

"I wouldn't miss it, now where's the mama?"

"She's over there eating the food," I pointed while chuckling.

My grandma walked over to her while I continued welcoming the guests.

"Ally!" I pulled her into a hug.

"Hey girl. My aunt was being a jerk, she wasn't letting me leave until I cleaned the whole house," she groaned.

"Remember if you ever need somewhere to stay, you can stay with us."

"I know, I just don't wanna intrude," Ally said.

"No it's fine you can stay whenever. I'll even text you my address so you can just come whenever."

"Alright! Let's get this started! We're gonna eat first then we'll do the gender reveal!" My mom called.

Everyone started moving around to grab plates and get food. When I got my food, I sat next to Camila, Ally, Dinah, and Normani.

"I'm so gonna be pissed if it's a boy," Normani said.

"Same," Dinah and I said at the same time.

"Am I the only one that wants a boy?" Camila asked.

"Yeah," Ally said.

"Rude," Camila said.

I leaned over and kissed Camila on the lips and said "Sorry, girls are better."

"Well if it's a girl you're gonna be the one dealing with the mood swings and periods," she said pouting.

"It wouldn't be that bad," I argued.

"Oh trust me, it's bad," Sinu said walking past us.

"It will not."

We continued eating and talking until eventually everyone finished.

"Alright everyone, let's head outside for the reveal!" My mother called.

We all got up, throwing away our things then making our way to the back yard.

"Alright, Camila, you're gonna throw the ball and Lauren's gonna hit it with the bat since you know Lauren played softball, anyway, do you understand what you gotta do?" Dinah asked.

"Yes Dinah, I'm not stupid, now go get me the ball."

Dinah walked away then came back with the softball and handed Lauren the bat.

"It's not gonna go far, so don't worry about getting hit," Normani said.

"Alright."

Camila backed up about 7 feet while I stayed where I was. I raised the bat over my shoulder and waited for Camila to throw it.

"Make sure you throw it good, don't want it to hit the floor and ruin it," Camila's dad said.

Camila nodded and raised her arm, then threw it hard.

I swung the bat and hit the ball, then blue smoke came out.

"Are you kidding me?!" I yelled out.

Camila came running over to me laughing her ass off. "I told you it was gonna be a boy."

"Oh shut up," I rolled my eyes.

Everyone around us started cheering and I finally smiled and pulled Camila into a kiss. There was still a little blue smoke in the air as I heard the shutter of a camera.