Chapter 10

Words Before: 416

Words Now: 1016

"Do you promise to take care of her and love her for the rest of your life?"

"Of course sir."

"Then you can have my daughter's hand in marriage. Thank you for asking."

"Thank you," I stuck my hand out for him to shake it, which he accepted.

"When are you gonna do it?"

"Our 1 year anniversary is next week. I'm gonna take her out to dinner where we had our first date and I'll ask," I explained my plans.

"Good luck. We should probably get back in there."

Nodding, I turned towards the door, but was stopped.

"Wait. I wanted to talk to you about something else," her father started. "I want to buy you guys an apartment. I'll pay for everything, including the first payment while you look for a job."

"Oh my gosh, thank you, thank you! When we go home, I'll start looking for a job,"

"I'll start looking for apartments too, but for real. We should get headed in." He walked to the door and I followed him in.

We chatted until we heard a heavy knock on the door. "Hello, I'm Officer Lovato, I'm here to talk about your injuries," the officer said when she came in. "On the phone, your girlfriend said you were pushed by someone, which resulted in you losing one of your babies," Camila flinched when she said that.

"Yes," I nodded.

"And can you explain your side of the story first, please," she said looking at me.

"I noticed Camila wasn't in class and the bell had rang a few minutes prior, so her being pregnant, i grew worried. So I asked to go to the bathroom and when I saw a crowd, I looked over and I saw Austin throw her by her hair, so I rushed over and called 911," I explained.

"Is that all that you saw?"

"Yes."

"Alright Camila, can you tell your side?"

"Uhm, I was walking to class when Austin trapped me against a locker and demanded that I go out with him. When I said no, he grew angry and asked for a real reason and kept yelling to give him a reason. When I told him I was gay, he grabbed my hair and threw me onto the floor," Camila said as Officer Lovato wrote everything down.

"And what's his last name?"

"Mahone."

"Thank you, that's all I need to know. I'm gonna go talk to this Austin boy."

With that she walked away.

"What do you think is going to happen with him?"

"I don't know," I kissed her forehead.

———

Camila and I finally came home 2 days ago after being in the hospital for 2 days and we've just been enjoying each other's company while I'm home and not at school. People at our school know we're together, so Regina and I are officially over. Also, people found out about my condition, so people have been making fun of me.

I was watching tv with Camila when my phone rang. Noticing it was Camilas father, I excused myself. I decided not to tell Camila that her father was getting us an apartment. When I handed Camila the keys to the apartment, her ring was gonna be on the set of keys.

"I found a 3 bedroom apartment, $600 a month, and it's really nice. I set up an appointment today for you to go look at it with me. It's in an hour so get ready."

"Okay, I'll be there." I hung up and walked back to camila. "Hey, mani wants to hang out, so I'm gonna go to the mall with her for a little bit," I said as I texted normani to explain and ask her to cover for me.

By the time I got ready, it was already time to get headed out, so I kissed Camila goodbye and headed out the door.

————

I pulled into the parking lot of the apartment building and shut my car off and took a good look. It actually looks nice. I took my seatbelt off and exited the car.

Ale saw me and made his way over with a woman, who I assume is the person showing us around. "Ready to take a look?"

I nodded and she led me to the apartment. When you walk in, there is open space on either side of you then a hallway straight ahead. From the door, you could see into the kitchen since it had a little window to see in.

(Example below)

The kitchen wasn't very big, but that's okay

The kitchen wasn't very big, but that's okay. Next, we walked down the hall where the entrance to the kitchen was and Ale made sure the stove and refrigerator worked. Then, we walked down more steps and to the rooms. One room was slightly bigger than the rest, so if we were to get it, it would be Camila and I's. Across from the biggest room, was a small hallway that led to the bathroom.

"Do you like it?" Camila's father asked. Smiling, I nodded. It wasn't the greatest, but this would be the next step in Camila and Is relationship.

"We'll take it."

"Is it gonna be you two living here?"

"No, it's for my daughter and her," he said pointing to me. "And since they're minors, me, my wife, and her mom are gonna have to sign the lease."

"Alright. You guys are the only ones who have come to look at it, so consider it sold, are you gonna sign it with me here, or do you want it mailed?"

"Is there a way to send a picture to me so I can print it off?" I asked, trying to find a way to get Camila to sign it and keep it a secret.

"Yes, I have a picture of it on my phone, I can send it right now, I just need your number." I gave her my number and she sent me all the papers that I needed to sign.

"Can I pay for everything I need right now?"

"Of course. It'll be $900."