chapter nine

Ariana

Ariana

"My favorite client is back" My therapist said while smiling at me. I smiled and held Dave's hand as we walked to her office. Once we reached her office I sat down next to Dave, I held Dave's hand and took a deep breath.

"You must be Dave? I'm Latoya, Ariana's therapist" She said while holding her hand out for Dave to shake, he smiled and shook her hand then leaned back.

"Nice to meet you shawty, what y'all be talking about?" He asked causing me to glare at him and shake my head while Latoya laughed and sat in her chair.

"We talk about everything but today is about y'all, I have a few questions for you Dave" She said and he nodded while looking at me then her.

"Okay when you look at Ariana what do you see?" She asked while pulling her pen from behind her ear, Dave sat up and rubbed my hand before letting it go.

"When I look at Ariana.... I see someone I should've made my girl a while back... I see someone whose been through a lot but she doesn't let that stop her from going on with life... she has her moments but God has a purpose for her. I see the love of my life, the mother of my kids and someone who I know for a fact I wanna grow old with. I see someone who struggles to accept the fact that she's meant to be here... someone who is afraid to give life her fucking all. Man when I look at Ariana I see the baddest girl on earth and I'm not just saying that cause she's my girl, God took his time creating her... I see someone who gives herself a hard time because of her past and even though I'll give her the world she never believes a nigga.... regardless of what she thinks I'm gon give her the world and more and that's on my life..... I see someone I'm gon marry real soon.... I see my fucking wife" Dave spoke as tears fell from my eyes, Latoya smiled and wiped her eyes while nodding her head then she jotted down something on her notepad. Dave looked at me and wiped my face carefully while kissing my forehead.

"I love you" I said while rubbing the top of his hand with my thumb, he smiled at me and put his arm over my shoulder.

"I love you more mamas" He said then we directed our attention to Latoya.

"Wow that was beautiful... Dave do you know Ariana's full story?" She said and I sighed while playing with my fingers, this is my time to come clean about everything and I pray Dave doesn't look at me different.

"I know about her moms boyfriends taking advantage of her... her cousins letting motherfuckers take advantage of her and beat on her..." He said while looking at me, I bit my lip and shifted in my seat a little while closing my eyes.

"Ariana go ahead and tell him love" She said and I nodded slowly while opening my eyes.

"All my pain started at a young age and I tried to take my life but Kross stopped me.... when Kross died it's like my whole world tore apart but I needed to stay strong for my mom and the twins... the twins barley remember Kross but I know they love and miss him. It's crazy because I've never felt safe in my own house but stayed because I didn't want my mom to overdose to the point where she died.... she let horrible things happen to me but I still loved her... I felt like me dealing with all the pain would've made her stop what she was doing and get help but it only got worse. I only felt safe when the twins and I were at your moms house or Choppa's moms house. Once my auntie passed away I just knew shit wasn't gon be right.... I even thought of asking your mom to adopt the twins until I got my shit together but was scared so I carried the baggage and did what I had to do to survive. I wanted my mom to get her shit together so bad that I tried to kill her one day... but your mom stopped me and held me telling me to leave it in Gods hands. I also remember my cousins would let their boyfriends touch all on me after the twins fell asleep and if I didn't let them touch me... my cousin would beat me until they got tired. I remember one night I came home for Granny's house and Quincey was there at my crib sitting on the couch with a beer bottle in his hand watching something on tv while my mom was on the floor passed out...." I took a deep breath before speaking again, I felt so sick to my stomach even telling him this information.