chapter twentynine

before i go on my mini break i'll give y'all a chapter.

ArianaA Few Days Later

Ariana
A Few Days Later

"Hi I'm here to see Kayla Fletcher and Tyler Brewster" I said to the receptionist at the rehab, she typed the names in then gave me Kayla and Tyler's room number. I thanked her and grabbed my purse while walking down the hall, I looked at the room numbers and took a deep breath while biting my lip. I saw Kayla's room number and knocked on the door a few times.

"I'm coming!" She said from behind the door, a few seconds later she opened the door and stared at me before taking a step to the side, I walked inside her room and looked around, it was small but she made it her own. She tucked her hands in her pockets while walking over to her bed. I followed behind her and sat in a chair while looking at her as she sat down on her bed.

"How have you been babe?" I asked her while placing my bag down on the floor, she played with her fingers and looked down at her lap, I saw a few tears fall from her eyes causing me to tear up. Never in a million years would I have imagined my baby sister in rehab... it makes me realize that I was too busy worrying about my own trauma to see the signs that Kayla was giving off.

"Ariana I am so so so sorry, I promise you I'm sorry. I- I don't know what's going on with me... I just needed an escape and I went too far. I didn't mean any of the words I said to y'all. I'm just confused and scared.... I don't want to end up like mommy, I don't wanna end up a crackhead.. I-I just... I can't stand this person that's inside of me" Kayla said while her voice cracked and tears ran down her cheeks, I wiped my face and scooted the chair close to her while grabbing her hands.

"Hey.. why didn't you come talk to me Kay?" I asked while tears fell down my face, she held my hands tight and stared into my eyes.

"I didn't want to bother you with the same shit... why keep putting my problems on your back when you have your own shit you're going through? You're right you're a mom of 2 now and you need to get strong for them... I'm 18 about to turn 19... I can't keep throwing my problems at you" She spoke above a whisper, I sighed and looked in her eyes, all I saw was sadness and it made my heart hurt.

"Kayla you're my sister, my world and more. Whatever you have going on in your head you need to let me know... I've been through it all baby and I know how it feels to feel empty inside like your life isn't worth living anymore. I would rather sit and listen to you scream, cry, do whatever you have to do let everything out than to be sitting at your funeral and telling everyone how much I failed you and your sister, all you had to do was pull me to the side and talk to me baby.. I would've listened I promise you I would've listened" I said to her and she looked down while nodding slowly, I let one of her hands go and wiped her face carefully. She got up and stood between my legs hugging me tightly while crying into my shoulder, I rubbed her back and hugged her back while closing my eyes tight.