Part XXVIII

You, Thor and Loki walk towards the Goddess of Death, steady and firm. Hela has trapped the innocent Asgardians between her, Fenris and the dead army and as you walk closer, you can hear the confused Asgardians panicking and children crying. You swallow the piece in your throat. We have to save them... you think to yourself, side eyeing Thor. The god has locked his blue eyes on his sister and you can sense the raging emotions radiating from him. Your heart drops as it hits you: All of this is my fault. If I just would've been more rational... you think, but before you can drown in your own thoughts, Thor and Loki stop walking. You stop beside them, push the distracting thoughts away and look at your mother, who has moved her eyes to the trio of yours.

She smirks with the most smug smile. "Our saviors!" she announces, throwing her slim hands in the air and the Asgardians behind her move their looks to the princes and... you. As soon as the Asgardians see you among Thor and Loki, you see them exchanging confused looks with each other and whispering.

Your heart drops. You know what they are saying and without even trying their thoughts flow to you, so many. Too many.

"How she dares to show her face?"

"Why do they trust her?"

"All of this is her fault."

You swallow again, feeling awful but knowing you can't blame them. But worrying about them can wait for another time.

Thor takes a step towards his people and Hela. "Big sister" he smiles sarcastically. Hela gives a malicious smile as he eyes her brother from head to toe and back to head, stopping at his damaged eye. "I see you like your new eye, since it's still visible" she points out but quickly narrows her eyes. "I thought you would've liked to hide it... That's what our father liked to do. To cover everything up."

"Or to cast it out" Thor replies unbothered and Hela narrows her eyes, giving her younger brother a look that could kill. Thor didn't care but kept his eye on her. "He told me you were worthy" he told her and as quickly as the murderous look appeared on her face, it disappears. "He said the same thing to me."

Hela's eyes glow.

"You see? You never knew him. Not at his best" the Goddess of Death says victouriusly. "Odin and I drowned entire civilizations in blood and tears." You can see her reliving their conquer times in her memories. I wonder what made him change, you wonder to yourself.

"Where do you think all the gold in the palace came from?" she asks and Thor and Loki frown their eyebrowns, listening to her. You are ready to fight. Hela sighs. "And then, one day he decided to become a benevolent king. To foster peace, to protect life..." she moves her eyes to her brother and again, eyes him up and down with a visible disgust on her slim face. You can even sense a bit of jealously on her. "To have you."

Thor nods. "I understand why you are angry" he starts. "And you are my sister, and technically, have the right to claim the throne." The God sighs, keeping his eyes on Hela. "And believe me, sister, I would love for someone else to rule... But it can't be you. You are just..." He keeps a small break, as if thinking how he would put it. "The worst."

Hela raises her eyebrowns. "Very well" she says and slides her hands over hear head, bringing the black crown on her head. "Let's get this over with. Once and for all" she tells and you, Thor and Loki get on positions. Your heart beats. This is it.

"That's fine with us" Loki spits and makes a sharp, long rod and throws it at Thor.

"You know, father once told me that a wise king never seeks out war" he tells and Hela makes an X with her hands, only to throw them to her sides. "But must always be ready for it!" she spits back and within seconds, the battle breaks loose.

Hela and Thor have their focus on each others, Hela throwing spikes at him as he uses his pole to break them. You and Loki use your weapons and powers to fight the Dead Army but knowing the Asgardians are somewhere close, it makes the battle harder. You try to keep an eye on them so you don't hurt them as you throw flames on the dead soldiers. Loki stays mostly in close combat but you keep burning the warriors down with your fire. The only problem is the fact that the Asgardians can't be hurt so you have to watch out from them, significantly reducing your potential.

The battle goes on for a while, you loose your focus on the others and focus on fighting the dead, but it feels like for every one dead soldier you eliminate, three follows.

As you are about to get overpowered, a loud rumbling steals your focus from the battle, as well as Hela's, Loki's and Thor's. You throw your glance at the sky, trying to find the source of the sound. The battle is loud, but the rumbling is even louder. You and all of the gods and Asgardians are looking at the sky when you spot a tiny spot on the horizon... that's moving. You squint your eyes as the spot - an object - comes closer and becomes more visible. Then you realize - it's a ship. A space ship. Your heart sinks. Does Hela have those? you wonder in terror and give a look to her but she is looking as confused as you. You look at the Asgardians behind her as something in the crowd catches you attention. A man. A man, who is grunting with an unusual deep voice and shaking. Everything is not alright. What is happening?

"Umm... Thor?" you ask, and as the God of Thunder moves his eyes from the ship to the crowd, the man grows and turns... green? And as he does, the scarf on him drops, revealing his face. You do not recognize him, but Thor does, because he laughs. The adorable laugh is full of relief. You turn to him. "You know him?" you shout at him over the loud rumbling, and he laughs and nods.

"He's a friend from work!" Thor shouts back and you turn your head back to the man... You gasp. Or whatever that green, big thing is!

"HUUULK!" the creature roars loudly and you take a step back. So his name is Hulk? you think to yourself, as Hulk roars and jumps effortlessly over the battle, having his focus on the big wolf that has stayed off the battle, guarding the Bifrost. Hulk runs over to it and as he does, the bridge shakes under his weight. You hear Thor laughing as Hulk starts to fight the wolf, grabbing it by the tail and throwing Fenris around like a toy.

You feel a bit of relief but as the rumbling of the unknown space ship gets even closer, you turn to it again. And so do others.

The ship looks expensive as it slows down its speed, turning sideways and getting closer to the bridge. All of you stare at it: If it isn't Hela's, or yours... On whose side it is on? You prepare for having to fight whoever or whatever is on the ship but praying at the same time. The battle is difficult already and if the ship decides to be on Hela's side, it will be over for you.

And finally, the ship stops and the sidedoor opens.

A/N: Let me know what you guys think! We are VERY CLOSE to the end!