Part VII

"You have to focus all your thoughts to it" you say to Thor who is trying to make the lighting appear, obviously frustrated. "You have to want to it, more than anything."

Since you had agreed to teach Thor how to control his powers of thunder and lighting without the feel of hatred, you two had started to spend more time together and you couldn't help but think how attractive he was with his ocean blue eyes that you could watch forever...
Focus, (y/n)! you think, wanting to pay attention to the god's doings. Don't think about him or his... perfect, strong arms...
You give your head a shake.
Shit.

It has already been a week since you came to Asgard, but with Thor you felt like you had always lived in here. He had been helpful, warm and kind to you, unlike the others.
The other asgardians always whispered around you and you knew, that they saw only a helheimian - a younger version of Hela.

The god of thunder lets an annoyed moan, as he crashes onto his knees. "This has no use!" he laments, burying his face in his hands. "I will never learn to control it... I am supposed to be the mighty Thor, the god of thunder but what do I see?" he sighs. "The most useless ruler the people of Asgard have ever seen..."

You walk to him and place your hand on his warm shoulder.
"That is not true, you can't give up. You have to carry on... you know it" you tell as you sit next to him. "If Asgard is in danger, you will need your powers... The asgardians need them."

Thor places his hands on his thighs and gives you a hesitant glanze.
"How long it took you to learn?" he asks, making you give a small chuckle as you remember the times when you were as desperate as him.
"Guess", you urge, making the god give a sneer.
"I don't know, a week? A month?" he suggests, making you laugh. "Nope!"
Thor moves his gaze to you, looking confused. "No? How long, then?"
As you look him a small smile rises to your lips. "Two years", you drop the bomb and as the god hears you, he gasps. "Tw-two?" he stutters and a even more desperate look rises to his face as he runs a hand trough his short hair. "I have no time to do this for three years" he states determined, getting up. "Hela is out there, searching for you. If she gets here I must protect Asgard... and you" he says and turns around to leave. You are confused about his words of protecting you but decide to forget it for now, as you grab his wrist.

"But you are a god unlike me" you remind him. "And with Mjoron -"
"Mjölnir", Thor corrects,
"-Mjölnir you have a feeling and experience of your powers" you say and Thor turns around to hear you. "When I began my lessons I had no idea the powers even existed, not to mention how to control them... I didn't even believe I had any!"
You take your hand away of his wrist and grab his hands. "You are the god of thunder, Thor. You have so much more in you than I had when I was in your situation... You can do this."

For a moment you two just stand there, holding each other's hands and you can't help but think how his strong hands are warm against your own...
Stop!

Thor blinks himself away from the silence and lets out a single cough before he takes his hands away from yours. "You are right, (y/n). I am the mighty Thor" he announces and takes a couple of steps back. "I suggest you to step aside, lady (y/n)..." he says and you do as told.

Thor takes a deep breath and gives you a hesitant look but you nod, encouraging him.
"Believe in yourself."
The god takes another breath nd closes his eyes before straightening his hands, clearly focussing as you watch him in silence. "I can do this" you hear him whisper.
For a moment nothing happens but then some tiny, blue sparkles start to run around his fingers. The sparkles run from trough the fingers to his hands, then arms and eventually to his whole body as they change from the tiny sparkles to larger lightings.

You look at him, feeling of pride in your chest. The student was indeed the faster to learn, you think as you start to clap your hands, showing your abetment. "Well done! Told ya", you cheer, stepping closer.
As Thor opens his eyes you notice that instead of the regular pupils his eyes are reflecting the lighting. You stop taking steps and look at him. "Now you need to control it!" you shout trough the thunder but the god doesn't answer, he just looks at you... or well, trough you.
This makes you confused. "Thor?"

What is going on?

When you wonder the situation you don't notice, how Thor blinks himself away from the hibernation, breathing hard.
"y/n?" he asks and you shake your head, forgetting the thoughts. "Yes, Thor?"
"What... What I do now?" he asks, the tone of his voice confused.
"Control it!" you shout the answer since the rumble of the thunder gets louder and louder. "But how?" he asks, clearly worried.
"Like you made the thunder appear! By focussing!" you shout and the god moves his look back to his sparkling hands. He raises his hands and slowly straightens them, trying to control it but without success. "I can't!" Thor shouts and you start to feel a panic radiates from him.

Shit, what do I do? He is starting to panic and that is never good with powers...

"Do not panic! It only makes things worse!" you tell him as the waves of panic gets stronger.
"I... I do not know how!" he shouts back but before you can answer a loud crash of the rumble is heard as a lighting hits you, making you fall to the ground.

Thor watches your motionless body, the shock silenting the thunder and stopping the lighting around his body. He raises himself and looks at you.
"(y/n)?"

A/N:

As with my other story I will keep a casual touch in this trough the summer, meaning I will not update every week. I will return to the regular way to update when the school starts.
I will also go through the mistakes and errors in this story but the plot won't change.

Also, I want to say a HUGE THANKS for all of you who have been reading, this is my most viewed story with the little number of 558!
Thanks for reading and sorry for the break <3