Part XVIII

Your eyes go widen as you look at the warrior: not because what he had just said, but because what you had been just doing.
Thor had been ready to kiss you and instead of stopping him, you had leaned closer with your eyes closed...

You are confused. First you hate him and the second he touches you, you forget what he has done?

But he apogolized... you think, recalling his words but the tiny voice inside you wakes at an instant.
He didn't mean it, it hisses. As soon as he has the chance to kill you, he will.
You blink, not knowing what to believe. You had felt his emotions, which were full of regret and sincerity but... he had hit you!

"What do you mean she has arrived?" Thor asks, making you stop the thinking. The god takes a step forwards, keeping his eyes locked on the guard who just slightly moves his look down.
"One warrior saw her coming towards this palace, so he warned the others" the warrior tells. "When she arrived, they were already waiting her in front of the entry but she... she slaughtered them all in a minute, all by herself..."

Thor stares at him and so do you as you think, how you can get to her. Besides the 'almost a kiss', you tell yourself to stay in the plan. It was nothing big, you remind yourself, not allowing any more thoughts at the topic.
I have a plan to follow.

"What?" the god of thunder asks. "How did you get away?"
"I was inside, I was told to stay here."
Thor nods, clearly thinking hard his next move but suddenly his face turns pale and he walks to the guard and grabs his shoulders.
"How about Loki? Is my brother safe?" he asks the man and you don't have to be a genius to see, how worried he is about his brother but for his luck, the guard nods.
"He is safe, heading to the direction Hela is going. We should go, your majesty" the guard rushes and without making a sound, you sneak away from them, getting to Hela before them.

As you are safely out of sight, you quickly focus your mind and with a quick, bright light you have your armor on. Satisfied, you start running towards the room you know Hela is trying to get and in a minute, you find yourself next to the goddess of death who is staring at the paintings on the roof.

Silently, you take a couple of steps towards her and look at the paintings that she's looking at.
"Does no one remember me? Has no one been thaught our history?" she asks, looking at the paintings.

Most of the paintworks are about Odin's familymembers or asgardians, all around the biggest picture which is about the palace of Asgard.
"Look at these lies" Hela hisses, her voice full of disgust. "Goblets and gardenparties? Peace treaties?"
You allow your eyes wander on the paintings the goddess is talking about - the last one having Odin in it, side to side with a frost giant.

"Odin..." she says, staring at his father's face. "Proud to have it... Shamed how he got it!"
And with that, the goddess of death lungs her hands back, appearing a sharp spike and throwing it to one of the paintings along with the second, the third and other spikes.

With a loud rumb, the paintings star to crack before they break down to pieces, heavyly falling to the ground around you and Hela.
Slowly, as the paintings break, falling piece by piece, you start to regonize new pictures under them... Pictures of Hela and Odin.

Hela stares at the ceiling, her green eyes bright as she looks at the painting from the time she and Odin ruled all nine realms - she used to tell you, how they had all the power.

"We were unstopable" she tells as she keeps her eyes above you and her, looking the paintings where families are in slavery and the battles full of blood, destruction and fear.
"I was his weapon in the conquest that built Asgard's empire. One by one, the realms became ours... But then, simply because my ambition outgrew his, he banished me, caged me, locked away like an animal..." she spits out the words like they are poison with her voicw full of disgust and bitter.

Finally, Hela lowers her look and turns around.
"Before that, Asgard's warriors were honoured, their bodies buried as heroes beneath this very palace."
With that, se turns around, ready to walk away but quick, heavy footsteps stop her, before a deep, familiar voice shouts.
"Hela!" Thor shouts as he walks to the doorway, staring at his sister... and as he sees you, his face turns pale.

"(y/n)...?"

The goddess of death stops walking and slowly turns around, smiling as he sees the god, shocked.
Without a word, you and Thor stare each other's eyes, many weird feelings in your chest but you can't catch a single one of them.

Hela walks to you and places her hands to your shoulders.
"Brother, I think you have met my lovely daughter already" she smiles and as Thor stays quiet, the goddess puts her cheeck against yours.

"I think you might want to hold him when I wake them up" she whispers to your ear before she lets you go and walks away.

As Hela is walking, Thor blinks and starts taking steps, his hands sparkling.
"You will never have Asgard!" the furious god shouts and with lightings, he rises to air, ready to hit her...

But you can't allow that.

At an instant, you cross your hands, making a fireshield and quickly you run between the two gods. With a loud crash, Thor's lighting hits your fire and both of you get thrown to your backs, roughly.
As you get up and look to the direction Hela went, you see no sign of the woman.
You smile. She got away.

When you turn around, you see how Thor is on his legs, staring at you.
"(y/n), why did you do that?" he asks and starts taking steps towards you, but you appear the dagger you made before you got Hela to Asgard, keeping your remain eye locked on his.

"Sorry Thor, but I need you to stay right there where you stand" you tell him as his eyes go lower, eyeing the armor on you. He raises an eyebrown.
"What is that?" he asks and points at the armor.
"It's an armor."
"An armor?" he repeats, before his expressions gets bright. "(y/n), you are a genius! Come on, we have to stop Hela!" he rushes and tries to walk to you, but you don't answer but set a fire to around him, making him unable to move. Thor stares at you, not knowing the reason behind your actions.

"(y/n), are you out of your mind? We need to stop Hela!" he shouts but this time, it's your turn to raise an eyebrown.
"We? I don't need to do anything" you tell him with no emotion on your voice. "I am on her side."
Thor's face turns pale and his hands fall from his neck to his sides. "You are... what?"
"Certainly not what you are since you are deaf" you snap at him but before the god can say a word, the palace starts to shake with a loud rumbling.