Part XXV

You wander around the golden crop, exploring the gearwheels and the walls around them. It's the first time when you actually have time to look at the place carefully and with thought: the first time when you were here consciously was when you were too busy with fooling Heimdall. You never had a chance to explore this place with a closer look.

You carefully touch one gearwheel, it being cold against your hand.

Thor and Loki will be here in a minute and your heart is beating faster every time when you think about the upcoming event.
The more you think about the fight and the moment you'll meet Thor eye to eye, the more your chest feels heavier.
I'm not ready for this, you think as light anxiety starts to build up itself. You look over to Hela who is standing outside, petting Fenris and quietly talking to the animal.
If only she was as gentle to others as she is to that wolf...

You sigh and weakly shake your head. Ever since Hela has been around here and you two have planned the revolution, the unsure feeling inside you has been growing and mostly you have been just ignoring it, but now... This is one of those times when you can't fool yourself.

Because the thing is... Thor has something that makes you feel like no one else has, or can. When he held you in his arms in the palace, you have never felt more protected and when you and him were leaning closer to each other, it felt like the time stopped playing.
Like someone had pressed a 'PAUSE'-button in your life...

You take a deep breath.
Power, you think as you close your remain eye, focussing all your attention to thinking. Power is all you need to be happy, you memorize the words that Hela always used to tell you.
If I continue this revolution just like planned, I'll have all the power over Asgard...
You slightly open your eye and glanze the goddess, who is still petting the big wolf.
All by myself.

You close your eye again and explore the feelings inside you.

But after the revolution is over and the only one left of you, Hela, Thor and Loki is you, will you then be finally happy?

Your thoughts in your head go silent for a moment but soon, you realize you're doubting it.

I am not Hela, you tell yourself firmly as you recall that one time, when you were in charge over Heiheim for a couple of days. It was after your 'traininglessons' were finally finished, not long time ago, when Hela saw you capable enough to be in charge.

This is a good practise for your own reign, the goddess had said pefore she had left to fill her duty, as she had called it.

You open your eye and with a frown you turn to look at Hela, again.

Till this day, the goddess has never told you about that time she wasn't around... And she never left from Heiheim.

What else has she been hiding and occulting from you?

You have no time to even think about it since you notice, how Hela is talking to you. The bubble breaks and you raise your eyebrowns, as if asking her to repeat herself and with a sigh, she does.
"Come here, outside" she orders you and you feel a piece in your throat because you don't need to be a genius to know, what is happening and why the woman wants you there.

You start walking to Hela, pressing your nails to your palms as you close your hands to fists.
Ignoring all your previous thoughts and doubts, you tell yourself: This is what I want.
You have no time to think if that's true or not, but with that you go.

You step outside and the first thing you notice is how clouds have appeared to the sky, covering the sun.

And not far away from you, you see two shapes. The other has a familiar helmet with two, big horns and the other has an armor and a cape...
Thor and Loki.
If your heart beat fast before, now it is racing.
"Let's get this over with" Hela says to you and a bit hesitant, you nod.