Part XXVII

Everything happens so fast.

The spike flies past you and hits Thor's left eye, making the god let out a strident scream and collapsing to the ground. He keeps his hands on top of the eye, the dark spike between his fingers. Quickly, his hand turns red as blood starts to flood from the wound.
"Thor!" you scream, running to him and kneeling next to him. You place your other hand to his back and the other on his bloody check, taking a look at the spike in his eye. It's not deathly deep but it sure made some damage... Even looking at the bleeding wound hurts.

That bitch did this, you think as you watch the god raise his head. Thor's unharmed eye finds its way to Hela's own eyes and without breaking the eyecontact, he moves his shaking hand away from the eye, placing his bloody fingers around the spike. With a quick pull, he removes the spike, giving a quiet grunt full of pain.

Hela's expression changes to disgusted as he watches her brother's eye.
"Now you remind me of Dad" she says, grossed, and you turn to her, rage filling you. Your eyes meet and the air surrounding you and the goddess of death is tense.

Hela stares at you and lifting her head confidently, she opens her mouth.
"You're weak" she says, "it's disgusting."
You give her a sarcastic smile, full of hatred. "Cry about it, bitch" you spit as you open your arms and lit your hands, but your mother only smiles.
"You caught me off guard, (y/n). You played your cards well" she says and you can swear she has a hint of proudness hidden in her voice... But soon it disappears, along with her smile. "It won't happen again." she warns.

You are prepared for her attack but for your surprise, she turns her head around and watches Fenris, who has kept Loki under its paw, away from the situation. With a single hand movement the wolf leaves the god alone and sprints to its owner, making the Bifrost Bridge shake a bit. Quickly, the goddess gets herself to the wolf's back and in seconds they jump over you and Thor, running away.

You watch her go. We will get her soon, you think, but quickly you turn to Thor. The god is still on his knees on the ground, holding is hand on his eye.
"Thor... " you say quietly, sprinting to him and dropping on your knees right next to him. Without saying a word, you carefully grab the god's hand and as he lets out a groan, you move his bloody hand away from his eye. 

Where his eye is - was - there's a nasty wound, still bleeding and surrounded by some hanging skin. Some tissue is revelead and you frown your eyebrowns - that must've hurt.

"It's more than a scratch, isn't it?" Thor asks you and you drag your look to the eye. You press your lips together, nodding.
"Yeah."
The god lets out a small laugh but you can feel how much in pain he is. "But at least you're not the only one with one eye anymore" he says carefully and you flinch before smiling and letting out a little laugh. "At least I'm not the only one" you laugh awkwardly, "an eye for an eye." The god of thunder chuckles but as his cheecks move along with the laugh, he flinches and groans in pain.

"It's still bleeding" you tell him and he nods.
"It is."
"We need to stop it" you say and carefully lift your hand. You look at Thor, his blue eyes and sharp jawline, asking a permission. He nods and you can't help thinking how he truly looks like a god with his dreamy blue eyes... But quickly you get back to business and you lift your hand to his eye, close enough to feel the warmth from the blood but not touching it.

"This will hurt" you warn him, already apologetic, before you heat up your hand and put it over the wound. Thor groans as you press a bit harder, the blood hissing under the heat. You can feel the god get tense as he is tolerating the pain.

Luckily it doesn't take long, and soon you pull your hand away and examine the eye with your remain eye. Nodding, you say: "Now it won't bleed anymore."

Thor lifts his hand and feels the dried blood that has created a protective tissue over his eye. He gives you a look. "Thank you, (y/n)" he says and you smile. He returns the smile and you notice your thoughts wondering to his lips.
Oh god how I want to kiss you so badly, you think and to your surprise, as if he had read your mind, Thor pulls you to his arms, placing his hand on the back of your head. Your whole body has shivers and you give the smallest smile. The power he has over you simply from tiniest bit of touch... He stares at your only eye with his only eye, so carefully as if you were made out of glass.

"(y/n)" Thor starts hesitant, "I will make this up to you. All of this" he whispers and you look at him, thrilled and... happy. You smile the most genuine smile and nod. As you and Thor are leaning towards each other, somebody claps their hands.

"So romantic" a voice says and you two turn to the god of mischief.
"Can you two do this" Loki says, pointing his finger first at you and then at his brother, "later? We are having a situation there" he says and points over to the middle of the Bifrost Bridge.

You and Thor quickly - but awkwardly - pull away from each other's arms. Your heart is racing.

Hela and her wolf have stopped in the middle of the colorful bridge. You frown your eyebrows, taking a couple of steps and focusing your eyes on the goddess of death... and a crowd.

The asgardians, you realize. Weren't they supposed to stay in the caves? you recall but before you can ask about it, Thor lets out a breath. "My people" Thor whispers, seeing the same as you. "They were supposed to be far away already" he says and as you give him a confused look, he explains: "Heimdall has the Bifrost sword, he was supposed to move them away from here while we were distracting you and Hela with Loki, in the city, remember?"
He turns his look back to the goddess and the crowd.
"They took too long... And didn't make it." he mumbles and determind, starts walking towards them. You and Loki follow.

"But Thor, your eye..." you start, worried. You know from experience that it will take time to get used to one eye...
"My eye is fine, (y/n)" Thor says quickly and firmly and even though you find yourself worrying for him, you drop it.

As you and the gods walk towards the goddess, your heart starts racing again. This was supposed to be something between you, Hela, Thor and Loki but now it included the whole Asgard. You blink. You can't loose, you can't. Innocent lives are in your hands.

Hela has noticed you and the gods, and now she's standing in front of her wolf, determined and radiating energy. She has been here for too long... you think. She's already too powerful. Your thoughts wander to the worst possible outcome but not wanting to think about it, you shake your head and focus on her.

"We must save the asgardians" Thor says quietly to you and his brother. "There's no turning back now."

A/N: Wooohoo! After 2 years (or 3?!) we are back in the business! Please tell me your thoughts about this chapter and let me know if you spot any spelling errors. Thank you so much!