Part IX

In Helheim

"My queen!" the commander of the Dead army yells as he rushes in to the Hall, a victorious sparkle in his brown eyes. "The machine works. We are now sure, that (y/n) is indeed in Asgard, as you, my queen, suspected."

The commander's words make the goddess of death turn to him, her bright green eyes narrowing. "Did you doubt my word?" Hela asks as she stands up, slowly walking to him.
"No... no, your Majesty. I-I just thought you would like an insurance" the commanders stammers, as he lowers his look under the queen's burning watch.
Hela lets out a overdramatic sigh before she shakes her head.

For a moment the commander thinks that she's cool, but suddenly she grabs his neck and raises him to the air.
"I didn't believe that a powerless former farmer like you would be so stupid," she says, voice full of mockery, "that he would think he knows what I want..."
As she lets him go, the commander drops to the ground and breaths hard in and out, getting himself some air. "Clearly you can be even stupider than you look, Fergie."

Hela places her left food on top of his back, stepping on it. "Follow me, I want to see this myself."

Fergie promptly stands up and runs to the goddess, almost falling over.
As they walk, the commander clears his throat and with a low voice asks: "I don't suspect you, my queen, but bringing a mortal in here... Is it safe?"
Hela rolls her eyes, too bored to kill the stupid man. "I know what I'm doing, Fergie" she hisses, tired of talking with him.
Fergie, however, keeps talking. "It was a perfect idea to place the 'tracker', as the prisoner calls it, to her neck before the portal took her. Your doubts about her did indeed steer... As always, my beautiful queen."
Hela doesn't answer, she was done with the man's flirting praises.

When they arrive to the cell that locates in the deepest floor in silence, the two guards to sentinel bow, mumbling 'my queen' and 'your Majesty' but Hela just waves her hand to them. "Open the cell" she commands, making the other guard grab the key and open the cold cell.

Hela steps inside and lets her glanze travel around the small space. The walls are cold and dirty and the floor is covered in dead animals and bugs. She sniffs her nose in disgust but soon looks at the wam, fithly man in the corner with some weird screens he had demanded. If you want the tracker to work, I need them, he had said. And I need electricity... Make sure I have some.

The man raises his look, looking sleepy. "I did what you wanted" he says with a voice crack, clearly tired of playing brave. "Let me go."
Hela raises an eyebrown. "Show me" she demands as she walks to him, not answering the tired man.

The man stiffens as the woman walks to him, placing herself behind him. However, he points at the screens with some weird stripes. "If your magic worked and this shows the right place, I suppose this is Asgard... And this red mark over here is the girl whose location you wanted to know."
Hela stares at the screens, many evil plans running trough her mind. If (y/n) wanted to play the game of a traitor... she would get it.

"Can I leave?" the man interrupts her thoughts, making the woman look at him as a sly expression rises to her face. She places her hand against the man's chest, pressing her cold cheek against his. "I think I have some more work for you" Hela whispers as she slides her hands lower. "What's your name, love?"

The man stays still, afraid to move and not sure if he should answer. If she was indeed the goddess of death, messing with her wouldn't be a good idea, Maybe he should just play along...

"Bruce" he finally answers, sighing, "My name's Bruce Banner."

·•••••·

In Asgard

Thor stands against the cold marmorwall with his heart beating in his chest faster every moment. It had been five days since the accident and (y/n) had been with the healer all that time, Thor having no change to see her.
But now... the healer's apprentice had invited the god to come, because the girl had been showing signs of waking from her coma.

"Your majesty?" a bright voice asks, making the god raise his glanze and as he sees the young apprentice, he stands up.
"Yes?"
"She's about to wake up."

Immediately Thor stands up and rushes to the bright room and right to the bed in its center, where the slightly moving (y/n) lays.
The healer, a tall, lean woman, is crouched over some leafs, potions and other absurd items before she raises her head and sniffs the air.
"The mighty Thor" she says, turning around. "Why is the ruler of Asgard so interested in the girl from the world of the deads?" the healer asks as she watches trough Thor, her fully blue eyes hazy.

"She's an asgardian now" the god answers with a defensive tone, watching the girl. He places his warm hand against her cold cheek.
"You know she means more to you..." the healer says quietly. "You have to think trough yourself, find out your emotions."
"It's none of your business!" Thor hisses as he turns to the healer, knowing it's no use since the woman is blind.
The healer keeps silent, until her eyes go widen and he turns her head to (y/n).
"She's waking up."

Thor moves his look back at the girl and grabs her hand, rubbing its back with his thumb. "(y/n)?" he asks carefully, worrying. The eye, that was covered in blood on that day the lighting hit her, is replaced with a gold eyepatch. Thor feels his heart beating fast. He had hurt her and now she had only one eye...

The young woman lets out a long breath and turns her head around, her (h/c) hair thouching her cheeck.
Slowly she opens her only eye, blinking it. For a moment she looks at the opposite direction Thor stands and he can see, how she slowly raises her hand and places it on the eyepatch.
"My eye..." she whispers, turning around and as she sees the god, she stiffens, confused. "Thor?"
Thor gives a relieved smile and places his other and on top of hers. "You are alive..." he whispers, but soon the smile on his lips disappear as (y/n) pulls her hand away, looking scared.

"Are you gonna hurt me again?"