Part XVI

You shake your head, refreshing your thoughts.
I must stick to the plan.
Determined, you keep walking.
I have to see Heimdall...

And you do. After a long, long walk you finally reach the Bifrost Bridge - and the gatekeeper on it.
Carefully, you hide your firearmor and costume and quickly you cover it with a little flames so thin, it looks like a orange-red dress because if Heimdall saw a girl with a threating armor, your plan wouldn't have success.

When you finally look like a normal human, you start to run towards the gatekeeper.
"Get help!" you let out, your voice full of panic. "My brother...!"
Heimdall snaps himself around and as he sees you, he frowns.
"Aren't you the girl from Helheim?" he asks but you ignore him as you run to him, grabbing his shoulders and sounding desperate.
This has to work...!
"Please help my brother!" you cry at him, trying your best to let out a tear.
The gatekeeper watches you, worried. Sushing, he grabs your arm. Slightly cringing from his touch, you however continue: this would specify if you would get your revenge.
"Everything is alright..." Heimdall tries to calm you down but you keep begging him.
"You have to get my brother away from there... He will die!"
"Your brother??" he asks, serious as you manage to fakecry - this has to look real.

"He... he's still in Helheim and Hela's going to kill him tonight!" you tell him, hoping that the asgardian would buy it.

Heimdall just looks at you, clearly thinking your words. Opening the Bifrost to Helheim is strictly forbidden as you csn never know if Hela would be on the other side, ready to take the chance...
He looks at the crying, desperate girl in front of him and after a moment, he nods and makes you cheer in your mind though you keep the act.

As Heimdall steps next to the sword you know is the key to opening the portal, he gives you a glanze.
"Step aside lady..." he warns and you do as told, wiping away a couple of faketears. "And don't worry, I'll get your brother."

You just nod and watch how the gatekeeper grabs the sword's knob and then turns it, making one of the large doorways to set on a bright light. In seconds, the portal is open and you wonder to yourself how close Helheim is right now... but Heimdall doesn't let you think but interrupts you.
"What's your brother's name?" he asks with a raised voice and for his suprise, you walk closer to the portal.
"Lady?" the asgardian holding the portal open asks trough the noice but you keep walking until you stop, a couple of meters before the light.

"I know you hear me!" you shout into the portal. "Please, I am sorry!"
You take a quick look on confused Heimdall and you manage a smile, hoping he would keep the portal open.
You turn your head back to portal. (y/n), play your best.
"I'm sorry!" you repeat. "Look what I've done to you... Come to back me..." you keep shouting and for your luck, you see a black figure stepping in from the portal.

Looking the shape, you smile. Not because you wanted to see her but because now you would get your revenge...
As the shape comes entirely from the portal, you throw a fireball towards the gatekeeper, knocking him out because no asgardian would step on your toes again.

"Mother."

The goddess of death takes a step and another, coming fully visible.
Hela looks at you, her green eyes bright but emotionless.
"(y/n)" she says with a calm voice, stopping the steps. You nod and look at her, full of confidence.

Not much has changed with her in these past couple of months: the goddess of death has still black hair and eyeshadow and she's wearing the familiar black suit... and second by second you notice, how some parts of her armor turn green, glinting. You don't pay attention to it since you already know how she gets stronger in Asgard.

As you're about to open your mouth, another shape comes, almost flies from the portal. Confused, you keep staring at the shape... a man, who's laying in the ground.
You don't get to watch the man long before Hela notices your staring being a good distraction and so she attacks you, pulling you against the cold floor.

You don't do anything because you are pretty sure she will believe what you have to say to her.

"Well, darling" she asks as she presses you down, "how's your asgardian life going? Not pretty well, I see", Hela says as she touches the eyepad over your damaged eye.
You give her a smile.
"I think it's going well, mother" you answer her as the goddess of death makes a sharp spike and slowly, she puts its tip against your neck, holding your jaw.
"I'm sorry for doing this love..." Hela says with a voice which has tone of a made-up sorry, pressing the tip of the spike harder against your neck.
"...but you know I can't stand traitors."

You give as sly smile as hers.
Play your best act, (y/n)... you tell yourself, focussing all power you have to read her mind. Ofcourse, reading a god's mind is hard, almost impossible but you have to know if your play does not work... and if you have even a little chance to know how she would believe you, you would take it.

"That's why I didn't betray you" you tell her, making the woman frown her eyebrowns.
"Don't play games with me" she says, her voice monotonic and confident but as you try to read her mind, weakly you sense a confusion and uncertainty from her.

You sigh, trying to keep calm yet plausible act.
"I'm not playing games, mother. Did you really think that I didn't know I am not your real daughter?" you ask her, internally rolling your eyes. Ofcourse in reality, you had no clue before the woman dropped the bomb.
"I mean, look at you and me" you say to Hela who's still on top of you, ready to kill you with a simple stab.
The goddess does nothing but you can sense the uncertainty getting stronger so you keep talking.
"You have black hair, I have (h/c), our eyes look nothing alike and our features?"
As you mention your and hers facefeatures, you quickly point at your face just to make sure she buys your reassurance.

"Obviously I'm not your biological daughter, but..."
Slowly, you grab Hela's cold hand and the spike, pulling them away from your jaw and neck.

It's time, my only chance... It's now or never.

"But our bond is stronger than our blood, mother. I know you care about me..."
Aah, what a lovely, lovely lie, you mumble in your mind, "...and that's why I attacked you with a made-up attack back in that day because if you knew what I was planning, you wouldn't have let me come alone..."
Hela keeps her eyes narrowed at you as she listens every word you say, so focussed you can feel it.

Carefully, you help her away from you and slowly you help both of you to stand up, keeping her hand in yours. You move your look back to her, feeling nothing but disgust and hatred but you know this has to be done.

"I knew threathing me would weaken your spell that stopped the Bifrost getting in Helheim so I took the risk... and succeed. I got in Asgard as I planned and all this time..." you say as you close your eyes you take a deep breath and uncover the fake dress, revealing the flaming armor on you.

You open your eyes and look at Hela, thinking the sweet ways you could kill her... but as Thor and Loki deserve their revenge as well, you keep talking and acting.

"I have earned both of your brothers' trust. At the time we talk they think that I'm in danger... And when I show up, playing harmed, doesn't that make me a great distruction, mother?" you smile, the expression treacherous. Hela looks at you and when she moves the hand with the spike, for a moment you think she didn't buy it but for your surpise, the spike disappears from her hand.

You look at her, all tensed up.
But finally, a smile rises to her pale face.
"I always knew you were the daughter I never had the chance to have same blood" Hela says and you give a relieved smile.
She believes me.
You move your look past the goddess to the man, who now is standing. The man looks tired and clearly he's not from Helheim nor Asgard.

"Who is that?" you ask Hela as you point at the man. He looks complitely strange...
Hela just turns around and looks at the man for a moment before finally turning back to you.
"He's just from Midgard, he was in Bifrost, on his way to Asgard but I succeed to mess it up" she tells with a slightly bored voice and as she starts to walk, you stop her.
"This has to be done with carefully, mother" you say to her, ignoring the topic around the man since there is no time.
Hela stops walking as she looks at you, thinking. "I'm listening."

You look at her for a second before you move your glanze to the direction Asgard's palace stands. A smile rises to your lips as you look at it, knowing that soon it would be just a memory that lives in the asgardian's minds... In those minds that survived.
"Well, mother... I have a plan."