Part X

You look at the god of thunder in fear.

The last thing you remember before blacking out was Thor with the sparkles of lighting around his body with the blue, shining eyes, and then... The loud, large lighting the god threw at you.

Lowering your head, you shake it. This was a mistake...
You regret the moments when you would sincerely told Thor things about Helheim and Hela. The god had asked some questions and you had been so stupid you believed, that he had been just curious.. but you should've known that when he finds out what he wants to know, he would just get rid of you.
You frown.
But why I am alive... And why he is here?

"(y/n)?" the familiar deep voice asks, worried, and you raise your head to meet the blue eyes you once admired.
Your fearing look changes to angry, as you look at the speaker. "What are you doing here anyway, checking if you succeed to kill me?" you hiss, causing pain run trough your damaged eye.

The man takes a couple of steps back, confused of your words. "I-I don't understand what you are talking about" he stutters the answer but you give a mocking laugh. Does he really think that you would believe his shit?
"Don't try!" making him cringe, you snap at him. "I should've know..."
"Should have know what?" Thor asks and you raise your eyebrowns.
He can't be serious.
"Umm, maybe the fact that you were trying to get information of Hela and Helheim from me?" you shout, feeling how rage runs through your body. "Or the fact that after you have the information you wanted you would kill me!"
You turn your head away from him, not wanting him to see the tears running down your face.

Everything is messed up. Your mom probably hates you and thus you are banished from Helheim, the world you grew up in... your home.

You feel the fresh, warm tears flow down your cheek, replacing the dry ones.
After all these weeks it finally hit you: you missed home... You missed Hela. She maybe hated you and had tried to kill you, but she is the one who raised you as her own child. She maybe was mostly cold and not-mother like, but once in a while she took her mask off and hugged you, telling you how she loved you.
And Helheim... the world of the dead was a cold and dead place, but you grew up running in the dark woods.

"(y/n)... That's not true" you hear Thor whispering but you keep still, refusing to look at him.
I have to be strong...
"I am so sorry for hurting you, (y/n)" he continues with a low voice, "I didn't mean it. I was scared... a-and it caused this."
You hear him sigh. "I caused this."

Silence falls over the room, leaving your sobbing be the only sound echoing in it.
You blink more hardly than usual and realize, that your right, damaged eye hurts as you do so. You raise your hand and carefully touch the space where there was supposed to be an eye, but your fingers meet only a cold, rigid... slab?
What happened? you wonder, finally raising your head to the tall woman. "What happened to my eye?" you ask the question and notice, that the lean woman next to Thor is blind - the fully blue eyes can't mislead.

The woman's hazy eyes move to you, her head following her eyes.
"Darling..." she starts and walks to you, though her eyes look through you. She places her warm fingers on your face, letting them slide from your forehead down to your eyepad, feeling the cold slab on top of it. "You lost your eye..." the woman says and you look at her with a oh really? -face.

Obviously, you think, giving your eyes - well, eye - a roll. "Yeah yeah, but what happened? If a lighting by a god of thunder himself hit me," you say and give Thor an angry glanze, "why I'm not dead?"

You are truly confused. You would believe that being hit by a lighting would kill you, leave alone the lighting by the god of thunder, the son of Odin... but there you are, living. Though without my eye...

The woman feels your eye, thinking until she finally opens her mouth. "I have no answer for that, girl from Helheim."
She pulls her hand away. "You should not be alive..."
You try to stand up, but terrible pain hits you as you do, so the woman raises her hand to your chest and puts you back to bed. "You will stay here for a couple of days" she says and you agree, since the pain is too large for you to handle.

The woman turns around to face Thor, her hazy eyes looking past him. "You two should talk, I can feel the tension between you. Come, Eireen" she says and waves at the young girl, who is apparently her apprentice. The whitehaired girl nods and without a word follows the lean woman out of the room, closing the door behind her.

An awkward silence falls over the room since you don't know what to think nor say, and Thor staying quiet as well doesn't help the awkwardness.
God, I'm a mess... you think as you recall this whole situation, not knowing what to believe. Did the god try to kill you or not?

"Krhm" Thor harrumphs, breaking the silence and making you look at him. He takes a step forward. "(y/n), listen. I absolutely tried not to murder you... The lighting I hit you with was an output of my fear and uncertainly" the man tells you. You have your (e/c) eye narrowed at him as you keep your face straight, not showing emotions.
"I panicked" Thor almost cries out. He takes a deep breath and walks to you, grabbing your hand. You don't pull away but watch him, a bit confused.
"Remember when I told you that you are now an asgardian?" he asks and gives a weak smile before you nod, not saying a word. "I meant every word, (y/n). You are a part of Asgard and I would never hurt you."
You keep quiet, thinking. Maybe... you wonder, maybe he's telling the truth.

You give your remaining eyebrown a rumble, not understanding one thing.
"But... why did you ask those things about Helheim and mother?" you ask with a curiousity. Thor slightly tilts his head as he hears the word 'mother', referring to Hela but leaves the topic alone.
"I was truly just curious, I wanted to know your story" he answers, gives a shy smile and finally makes you smile as well, making your eye hurt a bit.
He didn't try to kill me... you think happily but soon as you remember your behaviour, you blush.

"I'm sorry I shouted at you and blamed you for stuff you didn't do... Sorry" you mumble with an embarrassment but Thor just laughs and taps your shoulder as he sits on the bed, next to you. "It's okay" he reassures as the smile gets lost from his face. "Your eye... I deserved it" he says but before you can answer he continues: "Does it hurt?"
You shake your head. "Not really... Unless I do expressions" you tell the truth, rubbing slightly your neck.

For a few minutes you and the god continue talking, until Thor finally raises himself up and makes you realize that all that time you two were holding hands. "I have to go" he says, standing next to you. "I promised to talk to Heimdall at noon, so... I should keep going."
You look at him, glad that the misunderstanding between you two got solved. "Maybe you should, letting Heimdall wait would be rude" you laugh and Thor gives a chuckle, agreeing as he turns around and walks to the door. You wanted to go with the god and spend more time with him, but the woman, healer, as Thor had told you, had forbid you.

You look at leaving Thor but for your surpise he turns around, looking hesitant. You raise an eyebrown.
"Is everything okay?"
"Yeah, I just..." he starts and you look at him, waiting for him to continue.
"I'm glad you are back" he finally smiles. Then he turns and leaves the room, leaving you have a strange, warm feeling in your chest.