Part I

A/N: the first couple of chapters are pretty bad, but it gets better.

let's get this book started!
This story doesn't follow the real, original mythology of vikings: it has mixed things of my made-up information and the Thor-movies, where the set of viking mythology is modified.

The set: After Odin's death, Loki and Thor met Hela but instead of loosing the fight, they won (though Mjolnir was lost) and got her to Helheim (=sort-of-Hell in the mythology). When Thor and Loki were on their way to Asgard in Bifrost, Hela however succeed to mess up the portal and they got to Sakaar. In there Thor fought Hulk but eventually, Heimdall opened the portal and they got back with no harm (expect Thor lost his hair).

Enjoy!

·•••••·

You stare at the woman in front of you in shock, not wanting to believe your ears.
"You... you can't be serious" you whisper with a dry voice since that is all you manage say after what Hela, the goddess of death and the ruler of Helheim, had just said.

When Hela had invited you to the Hall, you knew something was wrong, because she never invited you there. She always informed and talked to you in your room. But this... this was way more bigger than you could have ever imagined.

Hela stares back at you with her bright, green eyes with no emotions visible.
"Unfortunately, I am."
You move your glance to the floor in shock, thousands of emotions running in your mind.

Your mother - if that's how you can call her - Hela, had just told you that she wasn't really your mother.
She had taken you from your real mother in Asgard and she took you with her to Helheim, when Odin the Allfather had banished her from Asgard since he had decided that his and his firstborn's method to take over the nine worlds wasn't worth it.

Your body  starts shaking. My life... it all has been a lie.

You blink and return to this moment from your recall of Hela's words, your heart beating in your chest hard.
You swallow and as you start to speak, you can feel how dry your mouth is.
"You took me from my real mother" you whisper with a shaking voice.
A sigh is heard before Hela starts to speak, sounding tired.
"I saved you. The woman that I took you from was poor and sick - you were so skinny I could see your ribs."

She walks closer and places her hand to your cheek before she continues, her hand feeling cold against your warm cheek.
"Odin gave me his permission to save you from that misery... and when he evicted me, he couldn't return you to your 'real' mother - as you call that pariah" she murmurs. "She was dead already!" she laughs and by the tone of her voice you can tell she really couldn't care less.
"Anyway, that old man would have kill you since he already saw you as my child." Hela finishes and after a quet moment you raise your head.

"Did you kill her?" is all you can ask after the silent moment. I have to know if my real mother is out there somewhere, waiting for me...
She stares at you and by her look you know the answer... and she clearly was not even sorry.
"That lady was poor and too near to death and since I can't have children that trade was a win-win" she blurts and shrugs her shoulders.

You lower your head and your (h/c) hair runs down your head, hiding your face.

The woman in front of you had killed your mom and taken you from your home... And she saw nothing wrong in it.
You feel a tear sliding down your cheek.
Even if you don't remember anything from your mother, the thought of this whole situation is so radical and barbaric...
Then a impassive voice comes trough into your thoughts, pulling you out from your thoughts.
"I mean, it's funny how you have better conditions in Helheim than in Asgard. Ha!"

Something snaps inside you by that statement from that sly woman.
That's it.
You lunge at her, your chest filled with rage and she falls to the large hall's floor with you on top of her.
You push her down with your weight.
"You bitch!" you scream and try to hit her, but the too familiar  green light stops you by wraping around your wrist.

You stare at the light and Hela with your eyes widen.
"You've never used that on me" you breath before she moves her hand, making the green light forcing you off her and before you know it, you are thrown to the wall with a crash.

"What was that, young lady?" you hear Hela's cruel voice and when you raise your head, you see her pulling her dark hair back as her headdress appears... And that headdress was never a good sign.

"No - no..." you say with a hoarse voice as you try to stand up.
"You don't get to threat me." you hear Hela's cool voice as her footsteps come closer until they stop right in front of you.
She grabs your chin, lifts you up and forces you to watch into her to green eyes.
"I am the goddess of death" she says and smiles her familiar cruel smile, tightening her grip.
You try to breath but the grip is too strong. This is it... my end.
"And you are nothing compared to me!" she hisses and is prepared to stab you with her sceptre. "I thought I taught you to be better... But you are as stupid as everyone else."
She's trying to stab you but the ground starts to shake, interrputing her intentions.
Hela loosens her grip and looks around with a confused look on her face.
"What the Hel this?"

You look behind her, to the glazed wall on the other side of the Hall... and see a bright, large and colorful beam coming towards you.
All you can realize is that it's taking you in it...

And as it takes you in it, everything goes back.