Part XXIII

As Loki throws the spike, you cross your arms, making a fireshield to protect you.
You close your eyes, ready to receive the weapon but it never hits your shield.
You hear many crashes around you so with confusion, you lower your arms, disappearing the fireshield before you.

The warriors who were holding the woman and the man, are laying on the ground, their bodies motionless and their armors all over the place.
When you turn around and look around, you see that every warrior on the street is down.
Apparently the spike that Loki threw, seperated and hit all the soldiers around the street, killing them... If you even can kill already dead warriors.

As you look around, you realize that something's missing.
Banner.
The midgardian is nowhere to be seen.

You look around, eyes narrowed, trying to catch the short man with your eyes but fail.
How the hel he got away? you think, judging Hela and yourself. The man seemed nice, but Hela said you need him in the upcoming battle... Even if you still have no idea what the man has, that Hela wants him to the battle so bad.

You frown.

You should've been more careful. After all, how can a goddess of death plus a whole army of former asgardian legions and a girl with a talent of controlling fire and mind-reading lost a whole person?
"Mother!" you hiss, turning to Hela, but she's too focussed on the blackhaired god on the rooftop.

"If you want to fight us, fight, But leave our people alone!" Loki shouts to his sister and you, but the 'us' word catches your attention.
Wasn't Loki alone?
You rise your look to the god but as you see he's not alone, your heart skips a beat.

With Loki, Thor is standing on the rooftop...
Didn't Hela kill him?
Next to you, Hela is wondering the same. She looks at the god of thunder and with a voice with no emotions, she states: "Still alive?"

You look at the god and notice that he's looking right at you. Not at Hela, not at Loki, not at the streets but you.

Your eyes stay on the god's eyes and everything around you disappears: sounds, colors, Hela and the two asgardians.
Neither of you move your look away from each other. Thor is too far away for you to tell what's going on in his mind, but you are too stagnant to even think about it.
Why he doesn't look at Hela or asgatdians but only you?

"(y/n)" Hela says, snapping you back from the trans Thor caused. You blink and look at the goddess, wondering how Thor always succees to distract you by just standing...
Maybe he has a power he didn't tell me about? you wonder but quickly drop the subject, turning yout glanze and attention to Hela.

"Yes?"

She turns her body to you, looking annoyed.
"Did you listen to a word I said?" she asks with a raised voice, making you take a step back. You don't have many good memories of her shouting to anyone...
"Sorry, mother" you mumble as you swallow your pride and hatred.
Gods, I really can't wait to get my revenge.
"I see that" Hela murmurs as she looks at her brothers on the rooftop. "I said," she starts, so quiet that the gods can't hear her, "that let's forget the asgardians for now... We will face the princes and start a new age of Asgard."

You look at her, unable to speak. Maybe this is the first time it really hits you: you and Hela would fight Thor and Loki. You blink, feeling yourself stupid. What did you even expect, for you, Hela, Thor and Loki to have a tea at afternoon in a gardenparty?

Moving your eyes to the goddess' armor, you notice how the black armor has a couple of bright, green areas on it. The areas are really bright and you do know, how she's stronger that she has ever been since she has been in Asgard for a while. Even if Thor and Loki are both powerful, even if they are Odin's children, they have no chance of winning her. Not, when she's getting even more powerful minute after minute.