Part XIII

Before Loki or Thor could say anything, you start to run. Away from the garden, away from them - away from the trouble. As you reach the beautiful entry of the garden, you hear someone slightly shout your name but you don't stop.

I should have know it, you think as your eye gets wet. Thor was just using me... and I bet this would be the time when he would kill me, so that I couldn't run back to Helheim and mother... to tell her what happened here.
As you reach the palace, you realize something. It doesn't really matter if I would stay here or go home... Either way I would die, you tell yourself as without hesitation, you open the door to your room.

The room is still clean with the bed made up and all clothes lined up on top of the little closet.
You turn quickly back to your door and straighten your hand, so that a warm, little flame appears on it. You look at the flame, eyes widening as you watch how the flame dances on your hand.
This is me, you realize. I am the fire...
Suddenly all that has happened hits you: everyone you trusted had betrayed you. Hela, who was supposed to be your mother, Thor, who was supposed to be your protector and Loki, who was supposed to be your friend.
Rage and hatred starts to run trough your body.
They all were supposed to be there for you but they had turned their back at you...
And now, they all will pay for it.

You slam the flame to the door's lock, melting it so no one gets in. You turn and look at the room. It is cute... but not my style, you think as you make another flame and quickly run it trough the walls, making them turn black as they get in touch with the fire. It feels so good when no one is telling you how to use your own powers...

You look at the result, smiling. Much better, now it's my style.
As you're walking towards the window, you walk past the mirror. You stop walking and step a couple of steps back, so that you can look at yourself in the mirror.

A young, insecure and broken woman with a golden eyepad and (e/c) eye stare at you back with her (h/c) hair running down her shoulders, open. She also has a thin, white asgardian dress and you raise your remain eyebrown.

This needs to change.

You look trough the room. Your eyes wander trough the space, searching... Until they finally see what you looked for. You walk to the two windowd and grab the metalpoles on top them, ripping the curtains away. This will do, you think as you make another flame and carefully spot the fire to the pole, melting it.
When the metal has melted, you manage to shape it to a small armor for your wrists, upper body and ankles - then you take the flame and set on fire on it.

Because you can control fire, it doesn't affect you in any way so the flaming dress feels like nothing.
You take a breath. This is me, you think as you walk back to the mirror, checking your new look.
This time the girl who's in the mirror looks no broken or insecure but confident and determined.

You tie your hair up as you keep watching the mirror.

For the first time, no one was telling you how to use your powers, no one was telling you who you were supposed to be... And for the first time ever, no one was there to hurt you.
You close your fists, looking still your reflection on the mirror. A girl with a flaming dress and armor... But one thing was missing.

You search the room again and this time you find faster the thing you were looking for: you walk to the door and melt the lock again but this time, you don't solidfy it but shape it to a sharp dagger.
You run your finger trough the blade, thinking.
This is the start of something new...
You do a couple of moves, testing how the dagger sits on your hand. Accepting it, you do one, final flame and condense it to a gem, which you put into the weapon's handle.

The fire gem you just put in was full of magic and its purpose was to keep the blade burning hot forever. You touch the blade and feeling it warm, you know the gem works: if a flame you had done was warm, it was hot for others.

Suddenly a knock is heard from the door and you snap your head up.
"(y/n), are you in there?" Thor's deep voice asks as you quickly think what to do or where to hide. "Are you okay? The lock...!" Thor asks and then you know you have to get out.
He can't see me... you think determined as you run to one of the two windows and carefully, you melt the glass. "(y/n)?" the god asks, giving you one last change to answer but instead of giving him an answer, you jump trough the window and slide down the wall.

As you see the forest in front of you, it's hard to keep a straight face. Giving a sly yet thankful smile, you turn around. "Atleast he wanted me to have a good view" you mumble to yourself as you quickly make a flame and throw it to the room.
Sorry for the room... you apogolize in your mind as you turn back to the forest. But trust me, I will return.

You run to the forest and for the first time ever, you truly are free...
And everyone who has betrayed you, would pay because this girl is no longer the same who she had been.