Part XXII

As you, Hela and Banner head for the palace, walking trough the city, you notice how the streets of Asgard are empty. There is no one is to be seen: no asgardian guards or families.
The only beings to be seen are the warriors whom Hela brought back to live.

Your eyes follow a couple of soldiers whom are walking around and searching for something.

Hela notices your look.
"What are you looking at?" she asks, still walking. Keeping your eyes still on the warriors, you answer her.
"Asgardians are nowhere to be seen" you state. "And your soldiers are looking for something."

You give a quick glanze for her and she nods. "That's correct, (y/n)." The goddess says. "They search for the asgardians. It has come to my attention they don't accept their rightful heir to the throne, but play hide and seek with me."
You nod. "But -" you start a question but you get interrupted by a scream.

You look to the direction where the voice came and see a woman and a man being captured by two warriors.
"No, please, we don't know where other asgardians are!" the woman shouts as one of the dead warriors grabs her hand. "Let us go!"
You move your look to Hela and notice, how she's smiling. "Well, what do we have here?" she asks as she walks to the asgardians and the soldiers, who are holding them on their knees.
Hela stops right in front of the asgardians. "These streets are a bit empty, don't you think?" she says, eyeing the empty city. Moving her look back to the woman and the man, she drops her act and rudely says: "Playtime is over. Where are the other asgardians?"

You keep still and with Banner, you watch Hela and the asgardians.

"We-we don't know", the woman stutters and the panic radiating from her is strong.
Hela sighs and rolls her eyes.
"You don't expect me to believe you, do you?" she asks the woman who cringes.
"It's the truth!" she screams and amon the panic, you feel something else from her...
A fear of being revealed.

You frown.

"She knows" you say without thinking, making Hela turn to you. She smiles and moves her look back to the woman.
"(y/n), come here" she orders and with her index finger invites you to come closer and you do as told. You walk to Hela's left side and wait for her to speak.
The goddess looks at the woman who's breathing hard and the man, who's quietly keeping his look before him.
After a while, she finally continues with her glanze on the asgardians.
"Read" she orders you and you cringe from the memories.

In Helheim, she used you to read the helheimians' minds to find out, what they think about their ruler. If and when you found out their negative feelings towards her, you were ordered to kill him. Like Hela was Odin's executioner, you were hers.
"We have no chance to traitors" Hela always told you, but little does she know... you are a traitor as well.

And as you are one, she can't know it. Not when you are already this far for avenging the injustice the Odin's children have caused you.

You take one step and get on your knees, so you are face to face with the woman. The woman stares at you, scared, but you keep your eyes locked on hers as you take her hand and close your eyes.

In a second, you are in her mind.
"What is she doing?" you hear the woman's voice in the black space - her mind.
But it doesn't matter if she's not thinking what you want to know. As years passed, you learnt how to find what you needed.

You think about Asgard and its people. The palace and buildings, warriors and maids.
Quickly it works and as you succeed and the woman starts to think about asgardians - her friends, family... and a daughter. The blackness changes. Slowly, the mind creates colors, mostly green, brown, grey and shapes, trees.
Suddenly the woman starts to run and as you are in her memories, you do the same and you can feel, how she's running for her life.