Job Hunting

When you had woken up this morning, this was certainly the last thing you would have ever expected to happen. But here you were, unpacking your things and placing them into a plain dresser at the house of the Number Two Hero himself. Moving in with him only hours after you had met him for the first time. It was so surreal that you almost couldn't believe it was really happening, but as if in response to your doubts, there he was, standing in the doorway, beckoning you to follow him to his room.

•••

The morning started like any other spring morning. You woke up to the muted sun beaming onto your face through the shoji screen window, beckoning for you to start the day.

You looked over at the LCD numbers glowing from your alarm clock. 7:37 am.

"Guess I should probably get up and start looking for a job," you thought to yourself as you rubbed the sleep from your eyes and stretched your arms out.

You had been hunting for a job at all of the local hero agencies for over a week already with no luck.

Yes. You were fresh out of high school and still living at home. And although you didn't go to one of the top hero schools like U.A. or Shiketsu, Seiai was still considered to be a very good hero school. Plus you were top of your class there. So why was it so hard for you to find a job?

I hope it's not because of my quirk.

Your quirk: Senseless

Just by touching someone, you could take away one or more of their senses (sight, hearing, touch, smell, and taste). At the same time, it also heightened any sense that was not diminished.

Your teachers had warned you that it would be harder for you to find an agency since most heroes were looking for people who were good at long range fighting. It was mainly an insurance thing. People who fought close combat were more likely to get hurt and their insurance rates were much higher than those who could fight at a greater distance.

"If I could just make it to the interview, I think they would love me," you thought to yourself. But so far you hadn't heard back from a single one.

After showering and applying minimal makeup, you got changed once again into your "recruit suit". It was a simple but flattering black pencil skirt and a matching black blazer with a crisp white dress shirt underneath. Yes, it was a little generic, but you felt very professional in it, even though you sometimes still felt like you were a student still in high school.

You looked yourself over in the mirror and nodded at your reflection as if to say, 'you got this' before heading out the door.

As you headed to downtown Fukuoka, you briefly stopped at your favorite boba place in the Hakata station. After sucking down a [favorite drink], you went down to the platform and hopped onto the subway.

It was crowded this morning, enough so that you were not able to get a seat, so you had to stand. You hated when you had to stand on the subway. There was always some creepy guy that would purposely brush himself against you, making you feel uncomfortable. Please don't let there be a creeper today. I don't want to have to use my quirk.

In the past, you'd already had to use your quirk several times to get away from old men who were a little too handsy. You would take away both their sight and hearing which would leave them disoriented while also heightening their sense of touch. The resulting pain that they would feel coursing through them after you stomped on their foot was enough for even the toughest guys to be brought to their knees.