Undercover

The rest of your trip in Hawaii was something that you will remember for the rest of your life. Half the time was just spent with Hawks alone in your room or on the beach. But that's what made it so memorable. Because you were alone so often, not distracted by other things, you were really able to get to know each other better on a deeper level.

You shared your dreams, future plans, fears, and worries with each other. You got to know more about him in days than you found out about most people in years. It was almost as if you were downloading all the information about each other directly to your brains like in the Matrix.

Not to say you didn't get to know each other on a deeper level too. There was plenty of that going on as well.

As you boarded the plane back home, part of you was a little sad when you finally had to leave Hawaii. But the other part of you realized that you were lucky enough that you got to spend almost 24 hours a day together with Hawks. Plus there was so much time in the future for you to make other memories. You had all the time in the world.

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

The next morning at work flew by as you tried to get back into the swing of things, and before you knew it, lunchtime had rolled around.

As you stepped onto the elevator on your way to pick up food, you were so busy still daydreaming about Hawaii and looking at your new ring that you ran into Yugen. Literally.

"Sorry, Yugen! I think I was daydreaming again."

As you looked up at him, he said, "You're fine, y/n. How are you by the way? I feel like I haven't seen you in a while."

"Just got back from Hawaii."

"How was it?"

"Amazing," you said breathily.

"Are you back to work now then?"

"Yeah, we are actually going undercover tonight. I'm kind of nervous."

"Want to talk about it more over lunch?"

"Uh, sure," you said reluctantly. You wanted to make friends, you really did. But you didn't want Hawks to get the wrong idea. But you decided that it was better to at least try before just blowing him off.

As you strolled together to the cafe down the street, you chatted more about work and your upcoming mission. Anything to keep the topic lighter and not have it turn serious or romantic.

That is until he noticed your ring.

"Did you get married in Hawaii?" he joked, chuckling to himself afterwards.

"Uh.... Well, engaged, I guess?"

"Wait, really?!" he asked, completely shocked.

"Yeah."

"Damn," he said, almost sulking. "I'm actually very disappointed to hear that. I was hoping that I would have at least stood a chance with you. I guess I didn't even know that you were that serious."

After that, you tried to make the rest of the conversation lighter in order to not make him feel uncomfortable. Luckily, he seemed fine by the end of the meal and you felt a little better about where you stood with each other as you walked back to the office.

° ° ° ° ° ° °

"Are you nervous?" Hawks asked after you went over your briefing for your mission that was to start that night. "I could always send a feather with you to make you feel better."

You finished zipping yourself into a provocative dress and put some deep red lipstick on. It was a very tight, very short black dress that left little to the imaginiation. You topped it off with some red "fuck me" heels. It was short enough that you had to be very careful with how to bent over otherwise everyone in the room would get a show. And you looked amazing in it. You looked over at Hawks, who looked very concerned with what you were wearing. No wonder he wanted to send a feather with you.

"I will be fine," you reassured him, brushing his chest lightly with your fingertips. "It's fairly straightforward and easy for me. I'm just there to see if I overhear anything. I'm more worried about your part if the mission. You actually have to somehow convince them that you aren't really a hero and trick them into thinking you killed Best Jeanist."

"I can send a small feather, no one will even see it. I'll hide it very well."

"Keigo," you said as you rolled your eyes. "I promise you are the only one who will get to see what under this dress. You don't have to send a feather to make sure. I just don't want to give them any reason to suspect that I'm not just a waitress."

"Well, then can I see what is under it right now?"

"No, I'm already late as it is. I have to get over to the club where Dabi and Shigaraki are."

You visibly saw Hawks' wings droop.

"Hey," you reassured him, lifting his chin and kissing him. "I'll still have this on tonight when I get home."

° ° ° ° ° ° °

As you walked into the club, you took a deep breath. Trying to mentally prepare yourself.

You got this.

As the music pulsed around you, you walked over to the V.I.P. area where Dabi and Shigaraki were supposed to be. You noticed right away that there were several people in the area, most had their backs turned to you. Dabi and Shigaraki, on the otherhand, were facing you and both of their eyes shot up in your direction as soon as you walked through the curtains.

"Hey boys," you greeted flirtily as you strolled over to them. "Is there anything I can get you to drink tonight?"

"We feel like celebrating," Shigaraki said in a gravelly, yet higher pitched voice. "Give us a few bottles of your best champagne."

"Is that all?" you asked, stroking his shoulder lightly with one hand as you played with your hair with the other hair.

"Is there any way that I could get an order of you?" you heard Dabi say in his deep voice that almost contrasted Shigaraki's voice.

"Depends," you ambigiously flirted and winked, then you changed the subject, "But for now I'll get your drinks."

As you left, you heard Dabi talking with the others at the table, "Is that the one?"

"Yeah, hot right?" another voice responded.

"Yeah, she's damn near perfect. Noticed her as soon as I walked in."

You went through scenarios in your head, trying to figure out if they were talking about you. And if they were actually talking about you, were they somehow already aware of you being undercover, or were they just commenting because they saw you in the club earlier. Either way, you had to try your best to get more information out of them. You couldn't afford to not come back and at least try to get into from them. You just had to stay on your toes and be ready in case anything went astray.

As you brought the bottles back in, you set them down on the table. You felt Dabi's hand grab your wrist and pull you down to sit next to him. "Come sit for a bit. Were all friends here."

As you sat down next to him, you took an opportunity to look and see the rest of the faces sitting at table. That when you saw him. Yugen.

What is he doing here? Is he undercover too?

***A/N: I started another story today. It's a Tetsuro Kuroo story. I'd love it if you would check it out and vote on it!****