Chicken

"What sides do you want?" you asked Hawks later that evening, as you punched stuff into your phone.

"Just chicken is good for me, but get whatever sides you want."

You selected a side of mashed potatoes before entering the credit card info.

"It will be 45 minutes," you said, handing him back his card. "I'm going to hop into the shower before they come."

Yesterday had been so busy, between the hospital and moving in, that you didn't have the chance to shower. So after getting in, you relaxed for a few minutes, just letting the hot water fall onto your back as you thought about what had happened in the last two days.

He has definitely been flirting with me, right? But was it just simple flirting or did he want more? It seemed like he wanted more.

You were still thinking about the situation while drying off, when you heard Hawks calling out to you from the other room. You quickly threw some lounge clothes on before following his voice which was coming from his bathroom.

"Did you need help with something?" you asked through the door to the bathroom, not wanting to go in because you didn't know what state he was in.

"Don't be shy, dove, come in," he said. "I just need help washing my hair."

You had no clue what to expect when you walked in. Was he going to be completely nude? He seemed to not be shy in any way so it wouldn't surprise me at all.

You took a deep breath, trying to prepare yourself for any situation, before you opened the door and walked in. He was in the bathtub, with his wings out of the tub and spread out in such a way that it covered some of his body and the sides of the tub. His casted arm was propped up on the side of the tub, wrapped in a plastic bag, away from the water that filled up most of the basin. As you got closer, you could see that he was in fact nude, with only a washcloth covering his lower half.

Of course internally, you lost it, but outwardly you tried to exude confidence, as if this was a completely normal occurrence for you.

He held up the shampoo with his good hand, and said, "Thanks for helping. It was going to be impossible for me to do it on my own."

You took the bottle from his hand and squirted some of the liquid into your hand before applying it to his damp hair. You massaged lightly in circles, making sure to get every part of his head. His body started relaxing under you, enjoying how it felt, so instead of just rinsing it out right away, you continued to massage it into his scalp.

"Mmmm," he hummed, which caused the hairs on your body to become electrified and stand on end. "I would have got injured earlier if I had known that getting your hair washed by a cute girl would feel like this."

Feeling flustered both from his exposed body and his statement, you grabbed the handheld showerhead and started rinsing the soap from his hair. You paid special attention, making sure that all of the soap was out before saying, "I'm finished. Did you need anything else?"

Hawks turned so that he was now facing you head on. He paused for several moments, studying your face, before he leaned into you, stopping just short of your lips, "You."

Your heart instantly kicked into high gear as you felt yourself get flustered.

You aren't sure who closed the final inches between you, but you were extremely aware of the sensation of his lips on yours, even though they barely brushed up against each other. You pulled back and looked at each other for a very brief moment before you closed the distance again, this time parting your lips slightly as his tongue glided into your mouth to entwine with yours. As your tongues swirled around each other, you reached your hand up into his damp hair and ran your fingers through it.

Coming out of the kiss, Hawks took in your features again, as if he were trying to memorize you, and spoke in a low voice, "Is this the kind of connection with someone that you were talking about?"

"Yeah," you said in a breathy voice, half in a daze.

He leaned into you again, lips crashing into yours again before he moved down to your neck, licking and nipping here and there.

Omg. I can't believe this is happening.

Just as you felt yourself melt into his touch, you heard the doorbell ring.

Fuck. I forgot about the food.

You debated on staying in the bathroom and finishing your "appetizer", but you figured there would be plenty of time after the meal to get to know each other more intimately. "Guess I should get that," you said to Hawks.

You saw the downcast look on his face as he said. "I have never been more disappointed in eating chicken in my life."