Feather

Your head was pounding as you woke up in the dirty building for the second time in a short amount of time. Even the slight dripping sounds from a leaking pipe were causing a pounding in your head as you laid in the mostly empty room.

"This time, I'm not going to waste any time getting out of these restraints," you thought to yourself.

You knew it was going to hurt later on to use your quirk to escape, but it was still better than being trapped. As you diminished your sense of touch, you dislocated your shoulder so that you could see your wrists and how they were bound better. After moving your arms to the front, the ropes were already a bit looser around your wrists and you were able to wiggle one of your hands more. As you finally freed yourself, you noticed that your hand was now painted with crimson as the blood flowed from the fresh wound you had just created. As you let your senses go back to normal, you realized that your wounds hurt. A lot. But it was better than still being bound.

As you looked around the room, you didn't see Mika anywhere. The door that lead into the hallway was also partway open now, just enough that you would be able to squeeze past it.

You slowly peeked your head out of the room, and readied yourself to pounce at any moment. Now that you knew about who you were dealing with, you knew that you could easily take her on if you saw her.

You crept down the hallway slowly, peering into each room as you walked by when you noticed a flash of neon blue and red. You tried to focus your still tired eyes at the sight.

Hawks was laying on the floor in a fetal position, his wings laying limply on the floor and his good arm bound to his legs. You couldn't see his face to tell if he was awake or not since your view was blocked by Mika's form. She had her back almost all the way towards you and was crouching over his body saying something quietly.

You focused your quirk to enhance your hearing to try to see if you could hear what was going on.

"Did you think I wouldn't notice your feather on her?" she asked bitterly toward his drowsy form. "I noticed it almost instantly and you did exactly what I thought you would do. Came to the rescue of some dumb girl that you just met a week ago when you can have me and I can be anyone you want."

"I already told you. You can never be y/n. Do you think I can't tell you apart from the girl that I love?" Hawks replied groggily.

Your heart started racing at his statement. It wasn't a confession directly to you, but you realized that the feelings that you were experiencing were now mutual. This wasn't just some fling for him either. Then your head snapped back to reality. I can't get caught up in his words. If I get caught up, our love story ends right here. I need to get him out of here. It's up to me. All I need to do is get my hands on her.

As you crept up behind her, you tried your best to be silent. Luckily, she was so distracted by Hawks that she didn't notice you until you were within arms reach of her, and by then it was too late for her. You used your quirk to eliminate all of her senses except touch and while she was disoriented, you laid your elbow into her face a few times, causing her to writhe in agony. A few more blows to her head and she finally passed out, unable to take the exponentially amplified pain that she was experiencing for the first time in her life.

You looked down at Hawks who was grinning up at you with groggy eyes. As you sat him up, so that you could take off his restraints, he said, "Isn't this backwards? I feel like I should be rescuing you."

No sooner had the last of the rope come off, that you found yourself being kissed deeply by the Number Two Hero.

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

The aftermath of calling people out to tend to your wounds and take Mika away seemed to take forever. You wanted desperately to have some time alone with Hawks, so the formalities that you had to go through seemed to drag on.

After they took Mika away in restraints, you headed over to the hospital where they confirmed that you did indeed dislocate your shoulder when you escaped. They informed you that it would take two weeks to resume normal activities, but that heavy lifting was going to be off limits for the next couple of months. Luckily the rope burns on your wrists were more superficial. They might have bled quite a bit, but they would heal without any scarring. Hawks also had a mild concussion, but was otherwise left unharmed.

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

As you walked into Hawks' house, you felt the exhaustion from both lack of sleep and that day's events catch up to you. He must have seen that you were tired, because he told you to rest on the couch while he went into the other room for a few moments. He came back moments later and had you follow him to his bathroom, where the bath was already drawn and ready for you to both to get in.

As you felt the warm water flow over all your sore parts, you leaned back into Hawks and just relaxed.

He wrapped his one good arm around you, and nuzzled his head into the crook of your neck, just holding you tightly without moving or saying anything for several minutes. It was almost as if he were trying to freeze this moment and make it last longer, so that he would remember it forever.

When he finally spoke, you were taken aback by what he said.

"Did you happen to overhear what I said to Mika?"