The L Word

Do I play dumb or do I tell him that I heard what he said? Also how do I feel about him? It was definitely more than just a crush or infatuation that I was feeling, I was picturing a whole future with him. It's not like one normally pictures themself having kids and growing old with someone unless they really love them. But I'm too embarassed to just outright tell him how I feel. I'm even embarassed to tell him that I heard what he said. Plus I want him to tell me to my face. I want him to say the words to me.

"It was hard to make out exactly what either of you said," you lied.

"I should probably repeat it to you anyways, since you are the one that needs to hear it," he said into your ear in such a way that it made the hairs inside tickle.

You looked up at him and you were taken back by how he looked. The light from the bathroom fixture behind him was creating a halo of light around his head and casting a soft glow over his whole face. His eyes were not lust filled in any way, they looked at you with genuine love and care. You watched as his lips parted slightly before saying, "I love you, y/n."

Even though you knew he was going to say it, your heart still started thumping wildly in your chest as the words came out. It was the first time anyone had told you those words, outside of your family, and it was the first time that you felt that way about someone else. "I love you, Hawks."

"My name is Keigo Takami. But only a handful of people know, so you can only call me that in private."

"Keigo?" you repeated, half questioning.

"Say that again," he said seductively.

"Keigo."

"I didn't think that hearing someone say my name would turn me on so much," he stated.

You were about to tease him and call out his bluff since there was no way just words from your mouth would turn him on, when you suddenly felt something hardening behind you.

"Sorry, it has a mind of it's own," Hawks explained. "I promise it will go down in a minute. Plus, I want to just hold you tonight and know that you are safe. We have so much time in our life for other things."

The rest of the evening was very mellow as you got out of the bath and had dinner together. You half expected him to go back on what he said and try to be intimate with you, but he seemed to just want to be close to you as he peppered you with kisses, periodically telling you, "I love you".

That night as you laid in Hawks' embrace before bed, you thought about how safe and secure you felt in his arms. Yes, you had technically saved him, but you knew now that he would do anything for you, even if it meant he could get hurt instead. And you would do the same.

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

"Where do you want to go for a trip?"

"The weather is perfect for a beach day," you said. "Oh, but you probably wouldn't have fun there with a broken arm."

"I was planning on paying a visit to the nurse at U.A. anyways. She can fix both of us up so that we don't have to deal with the hassle of being hurt."

"Wait," you said. "You could have gone to someone to heal you this entire time?"

Hawks grinned sheepishly at you as he rubbed the back of his head. "Then what excuse would I have to get you to move in?" 

You were about to say 'I would have moved in anyways' but you thought about it more. "Would I?"

"So should I move out after you get your arm fixed?" you teased.

"I mean I don't have to go get it fix---"

"I was kidding. You are stuck with me now," you said, giving him a kiss.

° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

Recovery Girl was adorable. You had heard just a little bit about her from one of your friends who attended U.A., but you had no clue how elderly and sweet she was going to be.

"You'll be all fixed up in no time, sweetie," she said, "This is nothing. We have a rough group in first years that are always coming to me with their entire arms shattered into bits."

As she kissed your shoulder and wrists, you felt the pain completely go away and your wounds looked to heal almost instantly. In exchange, you were a little on the tired side. But you were starting to get used to pushing through things when you were sleepy anyways, so you didn't mind.

"You two look so cute together," she said, as she kissed Hawks' now-uncasted arm. The statement made you blush, but a smile spread across Hawks' face as he lifted only his eyes to look at you. "You love birds better invite me to the wedding."

"Oh, we just---" you started to object, when you were interrupted by Hawks who said, "Of course we will send you an invite."

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

To your surprise, as soon as you were done visiting Recovery Girl at U.A., you were being whisked away to the airport to catch a flight.

"Wait," you said as you started to bombard Hawks with questions, "Don't we need luggage? And where are we going? How did you plan all of this in just a couple of hours without me knowing?"

"I will buy you anything you need. And I think you will be happy once you see where we are going."

"You really aren't going to tell me before we go?"

"Do you actually want to know?"

"Kinda."

"Okay. I'll give you a hint. It's going to be an 8 hour long flight."

"8 hours?!?!" you thought to yourself.