7. Smart Move into FFF

"Here are the pictures of Mermaid Island. It starts with a beautiful beach and ends with the temple of Mermaids. There is a story behind it", Harris began narration.

"Sounds interesting. Please continue ", Candy (Kate) asked out of curiosity.

"CANDY...", Bessy gave a cold look at her. "Will you please control your excitement?"

"Many centuries ago, a group of indigenous people settled here in the migration process. Well civilized and everyone was living a royal life full of joys and abundant wealth along with health.

While everything moving cool means there enter chills backing. Likewise, there raised sky heights of a Tsunami wave washed out the whole Island.

When the people struggled for their survival, the sea kept on swallowing them one by one. God isn't a fiendish one. In the form of Mermaids saved the alive people and brought them to a safe place.  After their rescue operation, the head of the Island ran to meet them before they were about to leave. He thanked him and kneeled in front of them for saving his people.  Mermaids were impressed with his care towards his subjects and gave him a boon as in the future there won't happen any cause for their Island and also had given him a small gold coins chest as a present from them and disappeared into the water. He spent every coin for the welfare of the Island and the subjects. And hand over his responsibility to his children. It went on for so many centuries and decades passed on.

The Island's heads were the ancestors of today's heirs. Still today at their mansion, there retained a Mermaid coin with a Mermaid idol engraved on it."

"Wowww! Is this story true?" Candy questioned.

"Might not be. Cause another controversial phenomenon also does exist.  People say those are the normal currency at that time, might have borrowed from a ship's captain, who rescued their lives from the disaster with the help of his crew."

"Ohhhh! Jack from Pirates of the Caribbean...", Candy babbled.

"Cut the crap and save it for later, Candy", Bessy put an end to her imagination and turned towards Harris.

"Whatever the story behind this Island, a few people still believe in Mermaids blindly. After so many years passed since the incident, the subjects of this island built a Mermaid temple at the edge of this island and pray there. Even this island got named after those Mermaids' help."

"Enough with the history, Harris. Now, please lead me to the mystery. Tell me about Mr. Ferdinand and, FFF, secret...missions or something like that..."

"Yeah! At present the heirs are Mr. Ferdinand I, who was a humble man stands for his word. His daughter, Mercy too as her father. She loved and married a worker of their company. That is Mr. Worthington. And they have a son, Ferdinand II, a teen. He was named after his grandfather Mr. Ferdinand I. The business of fish food has been undertaken by Mr. Worthington after Mr. Ferdinand I passed. He expanded the business as FFF, fishes food, and explored all over the country and others too. He hired thousands of people and stood as an ideal man today. Also established a research institute for discovering and inventing new sea species. In recent decades they found eight new species. Planning to come up with a new concept this coming Monday."

"Monday?" Bessy recalled the clue paper from the earlier scene. "Mr. Harris? What about him? I mean your opinion on him?"

"I'm neutral about him. Cause he did so many good things of course but due to his factors' wastage and toxins the upper part of this Island arrived as a restricted area finally. Nothing much I know."

"Restricted area... I do learn something regarding it. Let's be ready to pull the chain as soon I take the grip." She smirked silently.

After landing, they crossed paths with Ferdinand and his friends.  Then Harris introduced him from afar. "He's teen Ferdinand."

"Who's that gell trying to stick to him?" Candy questioned.

"OH! That girl? His girlfriend." Answered her.

"Bullshit! One side track", Bessy rolled her eyes.

"Yeah! Nearly what you said. There is a surviving rumor. Gaze at her mother beside them. Her mother Jennifer Walter wants her daughter to do so. Greedy of family and business relationships."

"How?" Bessy raised her doubt.

"Cause Mr. Worthington deals with the business and its' exploration out of the station, whereas Mr. Walter deals with FFF, products importing and exporting. He has local power. Seems she sending the kids on another trip as usual for the better understanding for their future marriage life." He added at the end. Bessy did enough observation on Ferdinand, his fake girlfriend, and her mother Mrs. Jennifer Walter.

Soon after stepping out of the airport, there came a BMW halted in front of them.
"Is it... is it... yours? Yesterday you were in another car." Harris astonished.

Candy slipped out, "Not exactly. According to the convenience of the headquarters..." "Haha! Availability...of surroundings of...our newspaper headquarters. They do feel like responsibility...until we complete the mission."

"That's amazing care. If there is any chance of planning news coverage, please inform me. I would like to transfer. Traveling anywhere for free of cost, very cool", he cheered up himself by running his arm on the BMW and got inside.

"What's the plan now?" Candy asked while driving.

"Plan?" Harris doubted.

Bessy glared at her. Immediately Candy,  "I mean plot, no, no, no, where to start?" Remained puzzled.

"Please! Drop me at the next signal. I would like to meet my family. By today's evening, I will come to you. Have a nice meal and rest at the Luxury Mermaid Hotel, one kilometer from my stop. Let's discuss our plan or plot later. Thanks for the ride", as soon as Candy stopped the car at the signal, Harris got out.

"What's wrong with him?" Candy said.

"Good for us. Let's move to FFF. I've something to do there." Bessy insisted on her.

After some time, reaching there, Bessy transformed herself into a new form. When she walked everyone wished her, "Hey! Hey! Look at her. Good morning, Jenny mam."