8. Shocking Clues

"Mom! I'm home", Harris wished his mother with full of enthusiasm.

"Harry! Ha! Ha! How are you?" She took him into her arms.

"Fine! Mom. Where is dad? On duty?" He asked her.

"Of course! Otherwise, you can't even step inside the gate."

"Mom! When will he consider my existence? Did he know I'm his son?"

She smacked at his back and said, "Shut up! Idiot. Don't mock him around. Since you didn't obey him, he's just angry with you. Don't you know?"

"I know, Mom. But until when? I can't keep my interests aside and follow him whatever he commands."

"He's your dad, remember." She warned him.

"Don't take his side, Mom. I respect him, of course. That's why I'm eagerly waiting for his hug like he used to, earlier." He felt upset.

With a beam, she stuffed a sweet candy inside his mouth, "Keep everything aside and tell me when will you say good news?"

He placed his hands on her and made her sit on the chair at the dining table and said, "I didn't get married.  How can you expect a good news?"

She smacked on his shoulder and rose from the chair.  "Idiot! I know we've come with two women. "

"What? Who said that?" He was astonished.

"Your friend, Carter."

"On work we....."

"Yeah! Yeah! I know. Just kidding. Well!..." She sighed and continued, "Who looks pretty between them?"

"Mommmm...!!!"

"Hahaha...!!!"

Meanwhile,  "Haha! Well done. So next month you're getting prompt? I really appreciate your zeal, David."

"Dad?" Harris hunched.

"Yeah! You go and hide inside. I'll manage him." She suggested him and he obeyed her words.

"Haha! David? What a surprise!" She asked him.

"Nothing special, aunt", David replied.

"Why he appears all of a sudden?" Harris thought seriously.

"Obviously special, dear." His father answered on behalf of David. "He got a promotion. What about your cosseted son? He let me stand ashamed."

"Ah! No, dear. He's our son. We've to accept....."

"Don't take his side. Otherwise..."

"Calm down, Uncle Peter. What aunt Glory is telling is absolutely right.  How many years will you be angry with him?"

"In the name of concern, don't complicate it, David." Harris was thinking inside.

"Only because he's your friend,  I've been leaving him. You followed my guidelines and came to this position.  Look at him. He cheated me by paying the fee for police training along with you and fled to become a cameraman. Will he get the salary and fame as yours? Such a rogue....."

"He'll hurt..." She observed her son feeling down.

"Enough! Glory." He yelled at her. "That's why I don't like to see his face even."

At that time, Harris showed out and rushed towards his bag which was hidden under the dining table by Mrs. Glory. He just took out a sweater, shoes from his bag and placed them on the table. Later he straight away went face to face at his father, "I bought you these with my salary.  Please, dad. Know that my pay and fame are equal to David's. Every professional has it's own uniqueness. I can't blindly follow your interest. I just followed my mind. Please respect it, dad. I got a promotion 3 months ago.  You didn't even wish me on phone. But coming to David....." He looked at him with wet eyes and signed down.