Soulmate AU - Padfoot

This is a soulmate au where the first time you make skin-on-skin contact with your soulmate, you know. There is a little bit of an age gap between you an Sirius, but when you actually get together, that technically doesn't apply anymore (you'll see what I mean). It gets sad in the middle, but bare with me until the end and you'll get your happy ending.
Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns all of the characters, you own Y/n.
Enjoy ;)

You didn't know what it was about him. The murderous spark in his grey eyes, his maniacal laugh, the insane look on his face. They all screamed criminal, killer. Yet, you stepped forward, despite the pain it caused to flash through your abdomen, and yelled at Harry to stop. To let him explain himself.

Of course, Harry didn't hear you over the sound of his own rage and continued to press his hands down on the fugitive's neck.

You were a seventh year Hogwarts student. Just under three years ago, you met the trio of first years while on patrol as the newest Gryffindor prefect. They and a boy called Neville Longbottom had been out of bed after curfew and you had caught them in the trophy room.

Ron had furiously explained the situation to you when you tried to scold them. How Draco Malfoy, a first year Slytherin, had challenged Harry to a duel and told him and Ron to meet him in the trophy room at midnight. However, it had been a trick all along and an attempt to get them in trouble.

You, recognizing the Malfoy name as one of the many Death Eaters that had followed Voldemort in the last war, decided to let them off with the promise that they would go straight back to Gryffindor Tower and not be caught out of bed during curfew again.

Hermione, who had been very anxious about getting in trouble, had hugged you in relief and the boys had thanked you.

From then on you became their sort of protector and guide. They were like the little siblings you never got to have, your parents being murdered by Bellatrix Lestrange when you were two. You had lived with your Aunt since then. She was the only family member you had left and you loved her dearly.

Your Aunt was the person who told you about soulmates. Every person had one and they way you knew who they were was when your bare skin came in contact with theirs for the first time. Some people went years knowing a person but never actually touching them and finding out they were soulmates all along.

You, being a hopeful romantic, couldn't wait to find your soulmate. You had gone through seven years at Hogwarts, watching all of your friends' faces light up when they touched their soulmate for the first time. You just never got to witness it first hand. Your soulmate clearly wasn't at Hogwarts.

Now, in your seventh year, you had long since given up trying to find your soulmate. If it was meant to happen, it would happen. You couldn't rush these things.

Harry had been talking to you all year about the black dog he'd been seeing and his problems with the Dementors. You had suggested he ask the new DADA teacher for help and now he could cast an incorporeal Patronus. Pretty impressive for a third year.

You had accompanied the three of them when they'd gone down to Hagrid's hut for Buckbeak's execution. Then, when Scabbers had run off you had followed them, wanting to keep them out of trouble.

Alas, Ron got dragged into the base of the Whomping Willow and you had gotten a tree branch in the side (which you could feel was forming a lovely bruise). Then, despite the large pain in you abdomen, you followed Harry and Hermione after Ron.

And here you were, yelling at Harry to stop attacking the man who sold his parents out to You-Know-Who.

But then, luckily for you, Professor Lupin arrived and stopped Harry from killing Sirius Black and explained everything. By the time you all left the Shrieking Shack, you and Sirius were levitating an unconscious Snape between you.