Padfoot - The Bet

Hey, sorry for the long wait. I deleted wattpad for a little while there because I needed a break from it.

  But I'm back now, sort of. I don't know when I'm going to be updating again. It could be next week, it could be next month, or even next year. Honestly, this is just a fun hobby for me, but I'm still enjoying all the comments you guys leave me. It always makes my day when I can see someone enjoying my work.

  So, I hope you like this Sirius one shot!

  Warnings: unedited work (sorry)
  Disclaimer: All the characters and places belong to JK Rowling.

Enjoy ;)

"You Ravenclaws are all the same."

I looked up, towards the source of the high-pitched drawl with a well-exercised deadpan expression.

"Can I help you, Black?"

The smirk on Bellatrix's face widened as she moved around the table to stand behind my shoulder, peering at my essay. She tutted, running a long, black fingernail over my quill, "It's always just more homework and books for you weirdoes, isn't it?"

I gritted my teeth, trying to keep my fiery temper at bay, "What. Do. You. Want?"

She giggled in that sadistic way of hers, knocking over my ink pot with a flick of her wand and ruining my essay, "So feisty."

Rolling my eyes, I opened my mouth to give her a piece of my mind, but I was interrupted by a different Black.

"I suggest you put your wand away, dear cousin," he threatened, his own wand already in his hand, "Unless you want a repeat of last time."

I shot a glare at Sirius who was leaning against the nearest bookshelf in what would have been the epitome of nonchalant, had his fist not been clenched at his side.

Bellatrix simply gave him a sickly sweet smile packed with enough venom to kill an elephant, "You always have to ruin my fun, don't you, cousin?"

He only gave her a warning glare in return, wand lifting slightly.

But Bellatrix was already leaving, her long black hair swishing in her wake.

"I had it under control, you know," I muttered, casting scourgify over my essay and watching the ink flow back into the pot.

The oldest Black brother just plonked himself down across from me with a smirk, "No thanks to you knight in shining armour, L/n?"

I simply raised a brow, "More like idiot in greasy leather," he gave an exaggerated, wounded gasp but I ignored him, "Did it ever occur to you, Black, that I don't need saving?"

He grinned, giving me that infamous wink, "Of course you don't need saving, but a desperate times call for desperate measures. I've almost run out of moves, L/n, I'm starting to get creative here."

I glared at him, "Why can't you just leave me alone? I'm never going to go on a date with you, Black, end of story."

"That sounds like a challenge to me," he mused, leaning back in his chair with his hands behind his head.

I sighed, "It's really not."

"I like a challenge," he continued, ignoring my protest, "so what do you say, L/n? How about we make a bet?"

I gave him the same deadpan look I'd given Bellatrix, "What?"

"Let's make a bet."

"You've gone bonkers, Black. You're off your head." I stated.