Sweet Sixteen || Part Four - Padfoot

Heyyyyyyy! Chapter 4! Let's do this!
  Thank you guys again for all the votes and views this book is getting! It really makes my day whenever my phone notifies me that someone has added my writing to their Reading List or voted on one of my stories.
  Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns all of the characters and places, you own Y/n and I own Sienna, my OC.
  Enjoy ;)

"So, how did it go?" Sienna asked at lunch in the Great Hall.

  Y/n had just come back from her first tutoring session with Sirius. If she was being honest, it really wasn't as bad as she'd expected. Sure, he'd flirted with her in the beginning, but as soon as she'd asked him to stop he had. From then on he'd been, well, serious. He had listened to her and cooperated and by the end of the lesson he could recount everything they had gone over almost perfectly. He had cracked a joke every now an then and made a few flirty comments but those were more for laughs than they were for seduction purposes. Y/n had actually enjoyed it, though she would never admit it to anyone. The only thing that had bothered her was the way her heart had fluttered slightly when he'd slid into the seat opposite her and given her that famous, Sirius Black grin.

  "I couldn't leave a lovely girl like yourself waiting, now could I?"

  Those words had almost made her blush. Almost.

  Because he was still Sirius Black. Hogwarts playboy. Heartbreaker. It didn't matter that this morning was the first time she'd spoken to him for more than a few moments, or that he had worked hard like she asked him to, or that when she'd told him about the extra credit she would be getting she could have sworn disappointment flashed across his face for a split second. None of that mattered because she was a smart girl. A logical girl. And falling for Sirius Black was the most illogical thing she could ever do. Besides, it's not like her reaction to his words meant anything. It was a natural reaction under the circumstances.

  "Y/n? How did it go?" Sienna's voice brought Y/n out of her thoughts and she realised she had been sitting there in silence after her friend had asked her a question.

  "Oh! Um, it was okay, I guess. It's not exactly supposed to be fun, right?" She said, not totally convinced what she was saying was the truth.

  Sienna was still giving her that concerned look so she added, "I'm fine, Si. Stop fussing. I just zoned out, that's all."

  Her friend didn't look convinced but dropped the subject. Y/n was relieved when she did, not really wanting this new development to take over aspects of her life. They chatted about nothing for a while, munching on the sandwiches the house elves had put out for lunch. Y/n found herself acutely aware of Sirius and his friends a few meters away, talking and laughing at Gryffindor table. The Marauders was what they called themselves. An odd name, but fitting, she had always thought. Their nicknames, however, never really made sense to her. She knew Remus was Moony, as she'd heard James calling him that a few times, but she couldn't remember for the life of her what the others were. All she remembered was that they were odd and clearly had a strange backstory that she didn't know.

Why was she so curious about them anyway? It wasn't like she had ever paid much attention to them before.

Y/n shook those thoughts out of her head and tried to focus on her friend.

———

Sirius had to resist a groan of annoyance when Abby Stoffhuis walked into the courtyard and made a beeline for where he and the other Marauders were sitting. James and Remus did not resist, however, and they both grumbled angrily in Sirius's direction as the blonde Hufflepuff drew nearer. (AN: I have nothing against Hufflepuffs. It is just necessary for the sake of the story for this OC to be in Hufflepuff)