You're not Alone - Padfoot

This is one of my favourite ones so far, I think. Y/n's situation is similar to Sirius, except her parents are muggles and they hate magic (kind of like the Dursleys).
  Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns the characters and you own Y/n.
  Enjoy ;)

Y/n L/n
From her first year at the magical school this girl had always been the face of anti-house stereotypes at Hogwarts. During the Sorting Ceremony, she had been a hatstall. Six minutes and twenty-seven seconds it took for the Sorting Hat to finally call out 'HUFFLEPUFF!' She and her best friend Lily Evans were the only ones that knew Gryffindor's hat was deciding between Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. In the end, her kindness outshone her bravery and intellect.

The following day, a Slytherin first year, Bellatrix Black had taunted her, saying it was no surprise a Mudblood like her had been sorted into the dullest house. Y/n had calmly answered these taunts by saying Bellatrix should wait until after their first lesson together before deciding Hufflepuffs were stupid.

Bellatrix had glared at her as she walked away, gaze not leaving her back till she had turned the corner.

Lily had given Y/n a look full of admiration and asked how she managed to stay calm while she was being insulted like that. Y/n just shrugged and said, "I wasn't calm at all. Inside I was fuming. Half of me wanted to tear her apart with my bare hands but the other, more logical half told me it wasn't a good idea to get in trouble on the first day of school."

Lily had chuckled.

The first lesson with the Slytherins was... interesting. Y/n, having read through all of the textbooks before coming to hogwarts had answered all the questions correctly with the kindness off waiting a few seconds before raising her hand to give other people a chance to answer. By the end of the lesson it was well known that this muggle-born, despite being in Hufflepuff, was very smart. A fact which made Bellatrix Black target her more.

Now, in her seventh year, Y/n was sitting in the library with her Herbology partner Remus Lupin. Remus was part of the well-known group of troublemakers who called themselves the 'Marauders'. Knowing him from class, Y/n had noted that he wasn't as... child-like as his friends. Quieter and smart, she took a quick liking to him in third year when they had first been made partners. Because of her friendship with Remus, Y/n got to know the other three boys. They even came to her to help them become Animagi in their fourth year to help Moony with his transformations (Remus had told you his secret near the end of third year).

There was one Marauder that Y/n felt herself drawn to. Sirius Black.

You see, to most people, the girl was a very kind and smart Hufflepuff who was tough enough to not be affected by Bellatrix Black's taunts and bullying. She was the happy ray of sunshine, even within the Hufflepuffs, and never failed to cheer anyone up. Whether she knew them or not.

But only Lily and Remus knew that she was secretly in agony. That inside, behind the happy, confident mask, she was hiding a broken, hurting girl.

Y/n's parents hated the fact that she was a witch. They despised the idea that their own daughter practiced something as unholy as magic. They were ashamed to call her their own flesh and blood and didn't even try to hide it from her. Every holiday was like living hell and she dreaded the end of a school year where she wouldn't be able to see Hogwarts and her friends for a whole eight weeks. She will never forget the horror on her parent's faces when she showed them tge letter she'd gotten in the post that morning. That letter, which had given her so much excitement and joy just moments before, bringing despair and disgust onto their faces.

That was why she found herself drawn to Sirius. It was no secret that his family were ashamed of him. His own brother wouldn't even look at him in the hallways anymore and Y/n could see her dread mirrored on his face every time the holidays came around.