HYDRA

* Today*

"DO IT!!!"

"no" I simply spoke.

"Pardon?"

"I said no. I don't kill innocent people"

"We may not be able to brainwash you, but we will make you listen."

"I'd love to see that. You've been trying for 65 years. How does it feel to fail?"

"I have not failed!" He yells as he charges over and puts his hands around my neck. "I will break you. And you will do what I tell you to do and kill who I tell you to kill."

Good. I'm getting under his skin. I have him right where I want him.

"Are you that much of a coward that you won't just do it yourself?" I spat.

"Listen here little lady, I've never failed at breaking someone. And I never will"

"Mhm. Right. So tell me, why do you hide behind a mask? Are you afraid I'll kill you like I have every other doctor that walks through those doors?"

"I don't answer questions asked by you. I'll be back tomorrow. Be ready to comply or you won't like what I have planned." He opens the cell door.

"You're in no place to threaten me. Especially when you are afraid of me. I mean really? You're scared of a girl? All you are is a coward." I yell as he walks out of the cell.

I listen as his footsteps retreat down the long hallway. The bastard was so easily angered that he hadn't noticed when I stole his key card. He was the first person who has had one. They only sent in lower ranked people in hydra. I guess after 65 years they finally realized it would take more to break me. So Mr. hotshot here is my escape.

I take a nail out of my chair and pick the lock on the restraints. The base had some sort of power dampener so my powers were no good until I was out. After getting the restraints off, I looked up at the camera. There was a panel next to it. The doctors could turn off the cameras with their cards. I just had to do it quickly before they saw me out of my chair and alerted someone.

I quickly stand up and run to the camera, scanning the card. The red light went off indicating it had worked. I then went to my cell door. There were 6 guards outside the door. Most people had 2. I'm not most people. I took a deep breath. I'm going to have to fight my way out of this. Without my powers. I scan the card and open the door.

"Why hello boys. You really should pay more attention to your hostages" I say as I punch one of them in the jaw, easily knocking him out. I roundhouse kick another one in the head, sending him to the ground. I knee another in the gut making him double over in pain and the grab his gun hitting the back of his head as I shoot the other guards.

"Easy peasy" I say as I grab their other weapons for later. I run through the hallways trying to find the exit. I run into more guards but take them out easily. I see the elevator at the end of the hallway.

"Shit" I say as I get hit in the head. I turn around and attack the guard as more come towards me. I finally get them all taken down and run to the elevator. I hit the button and prepare to shoot anyone inside. Luckily no one is. I get in and press level 25. I have been here decades and I knew the place like the back of my hand. Level 25 was ground level. It's the only way to leave.

The elevator lurches up as I watch the numbers increase as I go up floors. The alarm is going off for an escaped hostage. Everyone would be down there by now. They would underestimate how fast I am. No one would be up here so it was a clean getaway now. I exit the elevator and spot a motorcycle a few feet away. The idiots were too dumb to take their keys. I start the bike and speed out of the garage.

I felt my powers in my veins as I left the building. The dampeners were too far away to work anymore. I couldn't use my powers yet though since it would draw too much attention. I continue driving until I am far enough away. I had been outside many times. Learning my powers. They wanted me to be able to control them so I could use them to kill people. I can in fact control them, but I won't kill anyone who doesn't deserve it. I don't exactly know where I'm going, but I have an idea. Once I am far enough, I leap off the bike and take off into the air. It feels good to fly again. I never let my wings out, they would always cut them or experiment on them. But I was free now.

I got high enough into the sky to see the closest city. I start flying towards it when I hit something.

"What the hell" I say as I regain my composure. I reach my hand out. It looks like there is nothing there. I feel it once again. I fly higher and look down at it. Suddenly there is an aircraft behind me.

"Why are you here?" A loud speaker says from the plane. It has guns pointed at me. I see exactly what I'm looking for on the side of the wings.

"S.H.E.I.L.D. I need to talk to Peggy Carter" I say back.

"We don't know who that is." They respond.

"What? She's a SHEILD agent." I shake my head confused. "I have intel on HYDRA. I am not a threat. I need to speak to someone." I say trying to reason with them.

"Why should we trust you?" They ask.

"I don't know if this helps but Captain America was my brother, I was captured by hydra a year after he died and I have been held there ever since. Please I just need to speak to someone."

Suddenly a giant aircraft appears below me.

"What is that?"

"The helicarrier. You can land there. I will get director for you. Don't move. And if you try anything we will have you in cuffs within seconds." The pilot says as they land on the helicarrier. I follow suit and bring in my wings. Many people look at me in shock, I'm guessing they are agents. 

A redhead comes up to me offering her hand.

"Natasha Romanoff, it's a pleasure to meet you y/n" she says.

"How do you know my name?" I ask.

"Everyone knows it. You're in every museum. You were brave enough to take the same serum as your brother, and you fought along side him until he was caught in the ice" she says.

"Caught in the ice? He died" I correct her.

"Why don't you come inside. You have a lot to catch up on." She says as she starts walking. I follow her into a door and am met by hundreds of screens and agents.

"Woah!" I exclaim as I look around.

"A little different from the 40s but you'll adjust" she says.

"Wait so Natasha, what has happened? While I've been gone I mean."

"First, call me Nat, and second, I think you'd enjoy it more if he explained." She said.

"If who expla.." I'm cut off when I lock eyes with someone I thought I'd never see again. "Steve?" I ask as my eyes tear up.

"Hey little sis" he says as he runs over and picks me up in an embrace.

"You're alive? How are you alive? You died. You died 67 years ago. What the hell is going on?"

"Slow down. They found me a little over a year ago. I'd been frozen in the ice for 66 years, alive."

"You look so young still. I thought I'd never see you again" I cry into his shoulder as I don't dare to let go of him. Afraid he will disappear.

"I tried looking for you. I've been looking. I couldn't find you I thought you were dead. Y/n look at me" I look up at him. "How the hell do you have wings?