Lies

"Miss y/n, the team has returned from their mission. Mr. Stark has requested your presence in the conference room." Jarvis speaks loudly over the speakers in my room.

"Tell him I'm busy" I say grunting as I finish another push up. I could not sleep through the night after crying so long so I distracted myself with working out and practicing with my powers.

"He says it's important."

"I don't care if it's important Jarvis. I'm not going."

I stand up and walk over to my water jug. I take two big gulps before hearing my brother knock on the door.

"Y/n! Hey are you okay? Jarvis said you were having a rough day and didn't want to come out. You haven't left your room for the three days we've been gone." He yells through the door.

"Seriously Jarvis?" I mumble under my breath. "You don't have to yell I have advanced hearing. I'm fine Steve. Go away."

"Did something happen? Did Loki do something? I'll kill him. Let me in y/n!"

"I said go away steve!" I yell as I lose control of my powers and send out a wave of blue.

"Oh my god. What did I just do?" I ask myself as I look down at my hands.

"Y/n?" Steve grunts. "What the hell was that?"

"Nothing. Don't worry about it."

"Jarvis take room off of lockdown." Steve commands.

"She can't do that. I told her to keep it on lockdown unless I say otherwise." I say. A few seconds later the door clicks open and Steve walks in.

"What the hell Jarvis!!"

"What the hell happened in here?" Steve asks. I look around to see all of my belongings are scattered. I forgot to clean it up the night before.

"I'm fine Steve. I just forgot to clean my room."

"Like hell. You haven't come out in 3 days. You haven't eaten. Vision says you won't talk to anyone. Loki is confused. Talk to me y/n" Steve says.

Suddenly Tony comes to the door looking angry.

"Care to explain what happened in the shop
the other day?" He asks. I look at him confused. "There are cameras all over the compound." He informs me.

I feel myself panic as I remember mine and Loki's steamy make out sesh.

"What are you talking about?" Steve asks.

"Take a look for yourself." Tony hands him the iPad. He plays the video and I watch my brothers features turn from confused to angry.

"I take it this is why you haven't left your room?" He asks angrily.

"Steve let me explain."

"How long?"

"What?" I ask.

"How long has this been going on?" He repeats.

"A couple months."

"How many?"

"About 3."

Steve looks at me with a hurt expression on his face. "3 months? 3 months!! You've been lying to us. Lying to me!" He raises his voice.

"I didn't know how to tell you"

"Maybe just saying it" Tony says.

"It's not that easy."