Won't give up

I wake up to the sound of the compound alarm going off. I look over at Bucky who woke up at the same time. He nods at me and we get out of bed and put on our suits.

I run down the stairs as all of the lights go off. "Bucky?" I yell looking around for my fiancé. I don't here an answer.

"Jarvis lock down." I say. "Yes ms. Rogers." Jarvis replies.

I pull down my mask and turn on the night vision. Tony installed it a few weeks ago.

"Does anyone copy?" I ask through the ear piece.

"I'm here." I hear multiple people say. I don't hear from Bucky. "Anyone got eyes on Bucky?" I say worried.

"No" everyone responds.

"Okay I have a plan. Loki, Thor, Tony, Wanda, and Vision I'm gonna take Jarvis off of lockdown. Surround the building from the outside. They are in here somewhere. Everyone else stay on the ground inside. Once I take down lockdown we'll have light from the windows." I say.

"What about you?" Nat asks.

"I'm going to find my fiancé. He can't propose to me one day and disappear the next." I speak into the ear piece. "Jarvis take down lockdown." As soon as I say it doors all unlock and the shields come off the windows. I run to the stairs and start searching the floors for Bucky.

"Bucky!! Where are you?" I yell. I turn a corner and find him being held by four men. The fifth looking straight at me

"Y/n don't! It's a trap! They want you." Someone puts tape over his mouth as I lock eyes with the fifth man.

"I will give you one chance to leave here unharmed. And if you won't take it you won't leave at all." I feel my eyes change color as I become defensive.

"We won't be the ones harmed. And if you want your groom here to live, you will come with us. And you won't tell your team."

"If you think this is going to work it won't. I could easily kill every one of you before you say the words 'merry Christmas'." I raise my hand as a ball of green forms.

"If you do that Robin Hood's family is dead. We have people outside of his house."

"How do I know you aren't just saying that?" I ask.

"Give me the phone." He says to another man. He takes the phone and pulls up something. He hands it to me. It's Laura. The men have a gun pointed to her head as the kids are held in the house.

"I will kill you!" I yell.

"And if you do you will kill them too. So what will it be? Come with us peacefully, or be the reason Clint Barton loses his family and your fiancé dies."

I look over at Bucky. I can see him pleading for me not to go. But I can't let them hurt Laura and the kids. Or Bucky. "If I go, no one is harmed. The men leave Barton's house, and you leave here. With no one but me, and no one on my team harmed." The man nods at me. I raise my hands on surrender as Bucky tries to speak under the tape.

"I'm sorry Bucky." I say as the men walk over to grab my arms, placing power dampeners on them. They turn me around and lead me to the door before the leader tells them to stop. They turn me back around as the man holds a gun up to Bucky. And shoots him.

"NOOOOO!!!" I scream.

"It's just a shoulder hit. For good measure. He'll be fine." He motions for the men to lead me out. I feel my eyes well up as I hear Bucky's grunts of pain. I did the right thing. Right?

"Whatever you want me to do, isn't going to happen." I say.

"Oh but it already has." They push me into a van and close the doors. I hear two men climb into the front and the other 3 on motorcycles. I can hear them talking.

"We will extract it when we get to base."

"What then?"

"We use it as our ultimate weapon."

"The family will come after us. She will not rest until we are all dead if we do this."

"Are you questioning our orders?"

"Of course not. I just feel that there is a better course of action to get what we want."

"Do not question what they have told us to do. Or they will question your loyalty. She does not know why we have her. If we keep it that way we will be safe."

I guess they forgot that I have advanced hearing still. The dampeners only work on powers I was born with. Not given. Idiots. I stop listening as I feel the vehicle come to a stop.

"Get out" the man says after opening the doors.

"Go to hell." I say. He roughly grabs my arms and pulls me out. The base looks like all other HYDRA bases. In the middle of nowhere. Suddenly an idea comes to me.

"I have to pee." I say to the guard.

"Too bad."

"Would you like me to go right here? It might gross you out a tad. Plus then I'll need a change of clothes. Honestly it just makes everything more difficult for you." I say smiling at him. He rolls his eyes and pushes me towards a door.

"Two minutes and then I'm coming in. Don't try anything." He says pushing me inside. I turn around to make sure the door is closed.

"Heimdall, I know you can hear me. I need you to tell Thor to make sure Barton's family is safe. And send Loki here. Please. I don't have long and I cannot leave until they are dealt with or they will go after innocent people again." I whisper so the guards don't hear me. Suddenly there is a bang on the door.

"Hurry it up!!" He yells.

"Can't you give a girl some privacy. What if I was on my period?" I ask as I walk out. The guard seems grossed out but doesn't show it on his face.

"The doctor wants to see you." He says.

"What doctor? Please I'd like to know his name before I kill him." I smile innocently at him.

"You can't do anything without your powers little girl."

I can hear Loki fighting men on the other side of the building thanks to my hearing. That is my sign.

"I don't need my powers. I have my family." I say as I attack the man. I take him down to the ground before shooting him with his own gun. I grab the key for the dampeners and remove them, feeling my body surge with power.

"Loki!! I need you to take care of the rest of them. I have somewhere to be." I yell, knowing he can hear me. I run through the halls until I find a lab.

"Impressive Ms. Rogers." A short man says.

"I take it you're the doctor?" I motion towards his Walmart knock off version of a lab coat.

"Doctor Zola. It's good to finally meet you y/n." He says taking a threatening step towards me.

"If you think you are strong enough to fight me, you're wrong. All of you will be dead within the next few minutes. You'll regret ever messing with my family." I'm the one who takes a threatening step towards him now.

"You may think killing us will end it. But we will not stop coming after it." He points at me.

"After what?" I say confused. "My powers? In case you are as uneducated as you seem, you can't take away the powers I was born with. You are a heartless human. I am a goddess."

"We aren't after your powers. We are after what you have created."

"What have I created?" I ask getting frustrated.

"The end of the human race." He says before Loki's dagger goes through his heart.