More than friends

"Okay everyone stand down and calm yourselves. He's not here to hurt anyone" I say.

"Right. Cause it's not like he tried to take over the world last year." Tony says.

"Just trust me. He'll be on his best behavior. And if he's not I'll handle it." I reassure them. Everyone puts their weapons down besides my brother and Tony.

"Oh for the love of Odin put that damn shield down brother. And Tony lose the suit." I give them appointed looks.

"Odin? You're talking like them now?" Steve says.

"I am one of them Steve" I say. He looks at me shocked.

"Thor, take Loki to his quarters. There is a free room across from mine. Steve come outside with me" I grab his arm and pull him with me up to the balcony.

"I want you to know this doesn't change anything for me. You're still my brother and I love you. But I found out who my real father is."

Steve motions for me to go on. A somewhat sad look on his face.

"Heimdall. The gatekeeper of Asgard and the other realms. He is my father. And my mother was a midgardian. Making me the first halfling. I lived on Asgard until I was 10. Time works different there so when it was ten years here, it was 100 there. But my father sent me here on my 10th birthday. He erased my memories of Asgard. That is when mom and dad found me and brought me home." I explain.

"So you're asgardian?" He asks.

"I'm a halfling. Midgardian and asgardian. And according to destiny, I am the protector of Midgard. Goddess of Earth."

"You're a god?"

"Goddess. But yes."

"Wow. Okay and what about Loki? Why is he here?"

"Loki was my best friend when I lived there. We grew up together and we're close. He will not pull anything steve. I promise. And Odin already said if he does he will go back to the dungeons on Asgard. Please just give him a chance. I know him Steve. I love him and I know he won't harm anyone." I plead.

"You know all I want is for you to be happy y/n, but that doesn't mean I think this is a good idea."

"Please Steve" I look into his eyes.

"Fine. But you'll have a harder time getting Tony on board."

"I'll deal with Stark." I walk back to the elevator and go downstairs. I find everyone in the living room. Surrounding Loki.

"For fucks sake. Seriously? Again?" I yell at them. They turn to me with guilty looks.

"Everyone sit down. Now" I command. They all sit and I sit next to Loki on the floor. I explain everything to them as everyone looks at me, equally shocked and confused.

"You're a god?"

"Goddess" Loki corrects.

"And Loki," Tony points at Loki "is your best friend?"

"Yes. We grew up together. He promised me he wouldn't hurt anyone. I believe him."

"Just like that? All he has to do is promise and you believe the little green elf?" Tony asks.

I look over to see Loki open his mouth but put my hand over it.

"Yes. I do. And if that's a problem he can leave." Loki looks at me hurt. "But I will be going with him. He is my responsibility and friend."

"Fine. But one wrong move and your green ass is back on planet gold" Tony says as he gets up to leave the room. I remove my hand from Loki's mouth as I look at the rest of my team.

"You're family now y/n and if Loki makes you happy for some odd reason, then we'll support you." Nat says.

"Thank you" I stand up and grab Loki's hand. "Let's go. Tour time" I say excitedly. He chuckles at my excitement but follows me.

"And this is my room. My favorite place besides the lab and gym" I say as I fall back onto my bed. I had shown Loki the entire compound. He comes over and lays next to me.

"Thank you" he says.

"For?"

"Vouching for me. Freeing me"

"Of course Loki. Just don't make me regret it."

"I wouldn't dream of it." He looks over at me as I turn to my side to face him. Our foreheads are almost touching.

"I'm sorry I left" I whisper.

"You had no choice."

"The whole time I was here, I felt like something was missing. But I didn't know what it was. I didn't know what I was. And now that I do, I know what was missing Loki."

"And what was it."

"You. Even when I didn't remember you, I still missed you. I longed for my best friend."

He puts two fingers under my chin making me look up at him.

"I missed you" he says. I slowly lean towards him. I press my lips against his. He wraps his arms around my waist pulling me closer. I soon roll on top of him. My hands tangle in his long black hair as his hands rub up and down my sides.

"We used to say we would get married when we were older. Unite Asgard and Midgard. Asgard's king and Earths queen." Loki says quietly between kissing me.

"Plans change. I don't need to be queen Loki. I have everything I need right here. My family, my home, you." He smiles at the last part and pulls me back to him, crashing his lips on mine. He rolls me over and crawls on top of me. We are still making out when there is a knock on my door.

"One minute!" I yell. Loki tries to pull me back to him as I get up.

"No Loki! I have to answer" I whisper. I put my finger up to my lips letting him know to be quiet. He rolls his eyes as he nods. I walk over to the door and open it to find my brother.

"Steve. Everything okay?"

"I should be asking you that. You look like you got hit by a bus" he says as I realize my hair is a mess from my earlier activities with a certain asgardian.

"First off, rude. You should be nicer to your little sister. And second, I'm fine. What's up?" I ask.

"Dinner's ready. And it's movie night."

"Oh right I forgot. Okay I'll be down in a sec."

"Feel free to bring your psycho killer friend. Thor said he was in his room. Do you want me to get him?" Steve asks.

"No! I mean it's fine. I can get him." I say smiling innocently.

"Okay. See you down there" he says walking away. I close the door and turn around running into something hard.

"Loki! You scared me"

"My apologies" he says as he picks me up again.

"Loki we can't do this! We have to go downstairs. They are waiting for us."

"Then let them wait."

"No loki. Put me down" I say wiggling trying to get out of his reach. He smirks at me as he continues to hold me.

"Loki Odinson. Put. Me. Down. Now" Hearing my tone he puts me down. He gives me a quick kiss before turning away. Grinning he walks over to the door.

"I like it when you're bossy" he says before he walks out closing the door.

I turn around and put my head in my hands. What the hell have I gotten myself into.