Dress to say yes

We can hear the loud music as we walk down the stairs towards the party. We run into multiple guests on our way. I use my powers to open the two big doors leading into the party as the four of us walk in, and all eyes are on us.

As I search the crowd for Bucky, I notice Steve basically drooling over Nat, Vision staring at Wanda, and Tony locking eyes with Pepper as a big smile appears on his face. We walk up to the boys as the other girls grab their boyfriends/husbands arms. Everyone starts chit chatting as I still look for Bucky.

"Have you seen him?" I ask Steve.

"Yeah he went upstairs I think. Said he needed some air. Probably on the balcony. You look great by the way!"

This worried me. Bucky could get claustrophobic so I needed to get to him and make sure he was okay.

"Okay! Thank you!" I yell over the music. I walk out of the party and to the elevator. I find two people making out inside so I decide to take the stairs.

I step out onto the balcony and take in the cool evening air. The sun is going down and the sky is beautiful shades of pink and orange.

"Bucky?" I yell. "Steve said you came out for some air. Are you okay?" I look around the balcony before walking around. That's when I spot the candles. There is a long path that I follow. "Buck what's going on?" I say as I see him at the end. His jaw drops when he sees my dress, slowly turning into a cheesy smile as he looks me up and down.

"You look gorgeous." He says.

"You're not too bad yourself." I smirk.

"Well I tried to dress to impress. It is a special occasion."

"Yeah it is. Shouldn't we be inside for said special occasion? Tony and Pepper will wonder where we are." I ask.

"Well we can't join the party until the reason for the party happens."

"Bucky I have no idea what that means." I say walking up to him.

"You should be more observant. Turn around. Look at the candles." He says. I do just that and see the candles are placed to make words.

"Will you marry me?" I hear Bucky say from behind me. I turn around to see him down on one knee with a ring box held out to me. I feel my eyes tear up as I look at him.

"Y/n all my life it has been you. The person who could make me smile and roll my eyes at the exact same time. The person who took care of me even when I didn't deserve it. The one that has loved me unconditionally even when I was dead." He puts air quotes up. "And the one that I haven't been able to stop thinking about for the last 67 years that we were apart. Even when hydra brainwashed me. There was a corner of my mind that still held you. You are the reason I fought and continue fighting. You are my life and now I want you to be my wife. So what do you say? Marry me?"

I feel a couple tears fall as I look at the man in front of me that I love with my entire being.

"That was really cheesy." I say making him laugh and roll his eyes. "Yes you asshole! Of course I'll marry you!" I say smiling as he stands up to put the ring on my finger and kiss me. He wipes away the stray tears as he looks into my eyes.

"I love you so much." He says.

"I love you more." I stand on my tip toes to kiss him. It is a passionate kiss that I don't want to end. But I pull away.

"We need to get back inside before we miss the entire anniversary party." I say letting my hand fall to his and interlacing our fingers.

Bucky laughs. "Y/n it's not their anniversary. That's what Nat told you so you wouldn't find out. It's our engagement party." I look up at him equally shocked and angry.