Let us be

"Hey y/n what's up? Bucky said you needed to talk to me. I didn't even know you were back from Asgard."

"Sit down Steve. I have news." I motion for him to sit on the bed with me. He comes over and sits next to me on the edge.

"Are you okay? Do I need to kill some aliens?" He says making me chuckle.

"No. But you should probably child proof your room. And the rest of the tower."

"Child proof? Why would we child proof it there are no kids. Stop messing around and just tell me what happened on asga... oh." He says as I put my hand over my stomach. He looks up at me and smiles. "You're... you're pregnant?"

"Yeah. And I'm gonna raise this kid to be a pain in your ass to get back at you for when we were kids." I smirk at him. Surprising me, he pulls me into a big hug.

"Okay Steve maybe don't squish the baby." I say as I pull away.

"Uncle Steve. Hm. I like it." His face still has a wide smile as he looks between me and my stomach. "What does Bucky say?" He asks.

"He's excited. He's wanted to be a dad since before we were captured by hydra the first time."

"And what about you? Somethings off. I can tell." He looks concerned.

"Me? I'm fine Steve." I look away from him towards the window.

"Y/n. In case you forgot I'm your big brother. I can tell when something is wrong. Now talk to me." I turn my head back to look at him.

"Hydra wants this baby."

"What?"

"When I was there they said they wanted what I created. They said this baby would be the end of human race. Steve it's not even 1/2 asgardian. The baby is only 1/4. It won't be as powerful as me so how will it end humans?"

"Well when you think about it you're only 1/2 asgardian. And you're stronger than both Thor and Loki."

"Yeah but hydra gave me some of that strength. Plus I'm a super soldier. This baby is just a baby."

"Y/n if you're worried about it's safety, don't be. We're going to protect you. All of us will. That baby is part of our family." He smiled at me as he pulls me into a hug.

"Thank you Steve."

"Of course. Now let's go tell the team." He says wrapping an arm around my shoulder in a brotherly way as we walk down to the others.

"Y/n!! You're back!" Nat says as she comes over to hug me. She is followed by Clint, Pepper, Wanda, Thor, Bruce and Tony.

"Me and Bucky have something to talk to you about." I say after everyone has sat down on the couch. Me and Bucky are sitting in a chair. I'm sitting on the arm of it while he is in it. His arm is wrapped around my waist as I hold his other one.

"We'll spill." Wanda says.

"We're pregnant."

"Really?" Pepper says tearing up.

"Yeah. That's what I found out while I was on Asgard." I explain the baby's asgardian blood and what happened with hydra. Everyone listens intently as I draw circles on Bucky's hand for comfort. They all ask questions but try their best not to interrupt me.

"If they think they are gonna get that baby they have another thing coming." Nat says. The rest of the team nods. "No ones gonna take that baby from Auntie Natasha." She says excitedly. I laugh.

"Or the rest of this team. That baby has got a good family that will protect it." Pepper says.

"We're thankful to have you guys." Bucky says.

"Did metal arm actually say something nice?" Tony says tilting his head in confusion. Bucky rolls his eyes as I look over to the one person that hasn't said anything.

"Loki? You okay?" He looks up at me as if being snapped out of a trance.

"What?"

"Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" He asks sarcastically. "I'm going out." He says as he walks to the elevator. I look at Bucky. He nods at me so I go after Loki.

"Loki wait!" I yell after him. I run to catch up to him just as the elevator doors begin closing. I slip inside quickly as Loki looks annoyed. "What's wrong Loki?"

"Nothing is wrong." He looks away.

"You know what, I'm done with this. Ever since Bucky got back you've been a giant douchebag. You're supposed to be my best friend and lately you're acting like you hate me. Did I do something?"

"No."

"Then what the hell is going on!?" I raise my voice as I feel myself become irritated.

"What's going on is I'm watching the girl I love have a family with another man because I was too much of a coward to tell you how I feel!!" He yells as he turns back around to face me. All I feel is shock.

"I told you how I felt!!! You had a chance to say it back. You can't hate me because of your decision. And you damn well can't be pissed at Bucky for them. I'm with him Loki. I'm having his child and I'm marrying him! You missed your shot." The elevator door opens and I go to exit.

"Let's leave here. Go back to Asgard we can raise the baby there. We can be together. Please y/n. I love you." He walks up and wraps his arms around my waist before kissing me.

"Loki what the fuck!" I yell as I pull away and slap him. "I'm engaged! I am pregnant with Bucky's baby. I love Bucky! I'm not leaving with you or taking this child from its father. And I damn well am not leaving Bucky. I don't know what the hell is wrong with you but you need to get over it. You're supposed to be my friend and support me. Not make things worse." I turn around and run down the hallway as tears start falling down my face. I run into Steve in the hallway as he is walking out of Nat's room. 

"Y/n? What's wrong?" He asks looking down at me. I turn my head away so he can't see me crying.

"Nothing I'm just not feeling well." I say quietly.

"Like hell. What happened y/n?" He asks again.

"I said nothing! God why can't people just listen when I speak to them!" I yell. He looks taken aback as I pull myself together enough to storm off to my room.

I plop down on my bed as I start sobbing. Why did he tell me now? I'm about to marry and have a kid with Bucky. Im happy with Bucky. Why couldn't Loki just let us be?