𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 11

Emma had texted me in a group chat with Tachibana inviting us over to her place.

I wasn't really close with either of them, but I decided to give it a shot, If I want to start a new life I need new friends.

I decided to buy some shortcake for the occasion, wanting to be polite.

She lived in a pretty grand place it was a japanese style home.

"Mirei! We were waiting for you! You're thirty minutes late!" She says, ushering me inside and shoving me into a seat.

"Sorry about that, the line was pretty long," I say, apologizing and handing her the bag of cake.

"Don't worry about it!"

Tachibana waved at me.

"Hello,"

"We were just talking about Hina-chan's boyfriend, Takemichi!" She says.

"Emma chan!"

The girls giggled. I felt so out of place.

"What about you Mirei? Do you have a boyfriend, or someone that you like?"

"I'm not really interested in boys." This was awkward.

"Really? I thought you and Mikey were together..." Tachibana said.

A tick mark appeared on my forehead.

"We are just friends? I don't know, but I don't think of him as a significant other." I tell them.

"Aww, that's sad. Mikey always brings you food!" Emma shouted and brought me under her arm.

"He does? That's so cute!" Tachibana says.

I nervously laugh and open the shortcake box.

We start eating the shortcake with some small chatter.

"Mirei-San, your hair used to be so long! Why'd you cut it?" Tachibana touched my hair and put some butterfly clips.

"It was in the way, so I asked Mikey to cut it for me." Fidgeting with my fingers.

"That's so cute!"

Is this how a teenage girl is supposed to act? Is this normal?

"You need to be more open with us, we are your friends, right?"Emma asked, crossing her arms.

Friends?

"That's right!" Tachibana piped in.

"Oh I know! Let's play truth or dare," Emma said.

"Sounds fun!"

"Okay,"

"Mirei-Chan you shall go first! Truth or dare?"

"Huh? Um truth"

"Have you ever been in a relationship?" She asked.