𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 16

Today started off great. At the moment
I was running to school. You're probably asking, Why? Well, BECAUSE MY ALARM DIDN'T GO OFF! *cough*My alarm didn't go off today because my phone had died overnight. I was running late and I missed the subway by a second. So I had to run to school. Usually I would just forget about it and stay home. However this day wasn't any other day. We had a field trip and we had to pay 3000¥ because after the field trip we had to write an entire essay about how that memorial means a lot to this day. Explaining briefly about the monument and tour. So, how am I supposed to answer that if I didn't go?!

This running is making me think too much, I just need to calm down and breath.

I took a short break collecting my thoughts and breath.

A loud car engine was heard from a distance, it didn't matter at the moment until it decided to give me a little something. Mud. Nasty watery mud.

That's it. I'm no longer going to school. I dont give a rat's ass about that stupid essay.

Instead I went to get some crepes at a nearby shop. I've never gone to this shop but Mikey had mentioned that they were so delicious there.

Noelle, the chocolate melted in my mouth right away. Oh! And the strawberries! Don't even get me started!

He had told he would take me someday because he wanted to see my reaction. Well too bad for him, I was about to enjoy-

Splat!

I wanted to cry out of frustration. This day had to be the worst. Why couldn't that bird wait a little longer to take shit? Why did it have to poop in my food? Why was it even passing by here? Why was it even born?!

Sigh, I'm just going home before my day gets anymore shittier. Pun not intended!

I started feeling weird. A strange but familiar feeling. It felt nostalgic and it made me want to cry. I wanted to go home now. Almost there just need to pass this bridge and-

There was a guy staring out at the koi fish pond, he was throwing bread to feed them although there was a sign that said "please do not feed" right beside him.

I tried to ignore him but-

"Be careful there's shit-...and you stepped on it,"

Lifting up my shoe there was dog shit. A lot of it.

Didnt I just say that I didn't want my day to get any more shittier? Pun intended.

I couldn't help it anymore, why was god punishing me? What did I do? I cried.

"I can't take it anymore!"

"Calm down, it's just shit you can wipe it off easily."

I glared at him, he did not know what I had just gone through.

"Give it here, I'll wash it." He says, reaching his hand out. "I'm Izana,"

I wasn't sure if I should hand it to him, but what's the worst that could happen.

He sat down and washed it in the river, I explained my day to him and he listened quietly.

"So that's pretty much my day so far, and it's still morning!" I groan.

"So it's probably a bad time to tell you this but your shoe drifted off into the river." He said, rubbing his head.

"You're kidding..." He shook his head no, "Ah! Whatever! I don't care anymore!"

I arrived home and took a shower hoping for it to wash my bad luck away.

Ding!

Emma-Chan
'Hey Mirei-Chan!I'm planning on asking Draken out on a date. (Because he isn't) You think I can come over and get my ears pierced?'

'Yes of course I'm home all day,'

It might be good to just have girl time. Let's just hope my bad luck doesn't brush onto her.

I sent the message to Emma and exactly at that moment the sound of a car brake loudly and a cry of pain rang through my ears.

Looking out my window my eyes widened. I couldn't believe it, there was no way.

I run outside and stare at the disturbing sight. It reminded me a lot of my sister's death, this scene. He was crying horribly.

I should've fixed the fence. It's all my fault, everything's my fault.

"I'm sorry Yumi, I'll take you to a vet now," I told him, grabbing him and running as fast as I could to the nearest vet.

When I got there they looked at me in pity and shook their head.

"There has to be something you can do!"

He is still breathing-

Oh, he's not moving.

He laid limp in my arms.

"Ma'am I'm sorry your dog is no longer living."

Yumi was the only gift I had ever gotten from my parents. My father gave it to me to help recover from the traumatic loss of my sister. At first I didn't want him, I didn't want anything to be associated with her.

He always slept near me, and even If i didn't want to, he reminded me of my deceased sister. When she'd crawl into my bed under the covers and would press her cheek against mine and tell me that:

"It's going to be okay. Mom was just having a bad day and didn't have any time."

I believed her then, and kept my hopes up for the day my mother would tell me that she loved and kissed me goodnight. Exactly like she did to Naomi every night before bed.

I couldn't believe he was dead. The dog that had helped me get over her death was now gone.

The ladies at the vet just gave me a box and sent me home, apologizing again.

I walked slowly back to my house, completely forgetting about Emma. I started shoveling in my backyard. I hugged the box one more time before placing it underground.

My phone kept ringing. I was going to throw it in frustration but I realised it was Takemitchy.

I was tired. There was nothing I wanted more than to wake up from this horrible nightmare.

"Hello?," I asked, my voice cracked.

"Did you already get the news?" He asked, he was crying.

My eyes widened, News? It wasn't about my cat.

"I don't want to hear it!" I cried and threw my phone against the wall.

I ran upstairs and locked the bathroom door and hanged out in the bathtub, closing the curtains and turning off the lights.

I'm not leaving, I don't want anything to happen to me anymore. However, that wasn't such a great idea because my mind kept thinking of seeing everybody dead. I had nothing to distract myself with.

After a few hours of silence I heard whistling inside my house.

A burglar? It only makes sense with my crappy day.

"Noelle-Chan!" The voice echoed throughout my house.

They continued to yell around the house. I had no energy and didn't feel like responding.

Finally they started knocking on the bathroom door.

They knew my first name, so I must be familiar with them.

And with a few shakes on the locked door, it opened.

"Found you!"

"S-sen..Senpai!"