❁𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑂𝑛𝑒❁

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝙵𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝙸𝚗 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑-𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜

•───────•°••°•───────•

She limped slowly towards her home. The last place she dreaded to go.

A shadow was already lurking in front of the door as she reached home. The more steps she took towards her house the more she trembled.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?! ", the man in his middle age shouted at her.

She shivered in fear and terror collecting all the terrible things he can possibly do.

"You wimp! Are you deaf? ", he grabbed the collar of her school uniform. "You answer when I ask you something ", he growled at her.

"I-I was working at the cafe Fa-father ", she replied stammering in fear.

"And where is the payment? ", he asked impatiently.

Her frail hand covered with wounds and bruises went into the pocket of her skirt and shakily handed the money.

He snatched it and started to count right away. "That's it? This is all you got? ", he questioned angrily.

"Ye-yes Father ".

He watched her for a moment and then snatched her school bag. He emptied her bag, all her books and pills scattered on the ground and lastly, a few changes of money fell on the ground.

The moment her father saw it, he glared at her with outrage. "HOW DARE A LOWLIFE SUM LIKE YOU TRY TO TRICK ME?!!! ", he shouted as a harsh slap landed on her face.

She dropped to the hard ground. "I-I am so-sorry Father, it's my mistake. I am wrong. Please fo-forgive ", she rubbed her hands together begging for mercy.

She looked at her father with pleading eyes hoping he will stop.

She knew all her neighbours are watching her getting beaten silently through their house but she can't blame them. If they interfered then they are a goner too. Her father better her stepfather an alliance with the biggest and the most feared gang in the town was known to everyone.

As much as possible they maintained their distance from that man.

He kicked her stomach making her cough the air out.

"Do I...", he kicked her with every word he spoke.

BWAK!

''Have to..."  BWAK!

"Always..." BWAK!

"Remind you..." BWAK!

"To keep your..." BWAK!

"Eyes down..." BWAK!

"I-I am sorry Father. I will keep it in mind ", she replied in her shaky voice with ragged breathing. Her face was covered with tears and more streaming out of her eyes.

After her father went inside she slowly crawled through the door not having the strength to walk.

She trudged to her room holding her stomach to endure the pain.

"Where do you think you are going? Go and prepare dinner right now ", her father commanded.

"Ye-yes Father ", she replied facing the floor.

Her life was this circle of misery for the past twelve years. At school, Sook Eunjoo is bullied by her friends, and at home, she is sexually and physically abused by her stepfather and his deviant friends.