❁𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐹𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛❁

𝙽𝚊𝚞𝚒 𝙱𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚕 𝚂𝚞𝚔𝚓𝚊
•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

As Eunjoo sprinted towards where Dareum's anguished cry had originated, her heart pounded in her chest, fear gripping her every step of the way. The scene that unfolded before her was a nightmare come to life. Heesung lay sprawled on the ground, blood seeping from a wound in his stomach, his face contorted in pain and shock.

A man in dark clothing stood nearby, a knife covered with blood glinting in his hand and an evil smirk on his face as he turned to run away. Eunjoo stood there horrified upon recognizing the man.

Dareum's hands were shaking as she fumbled with her phone, trying to call for an ambulance. Niki, determination etched on his face, dashed after the fleeing man, his form disappearing into the distance in hot pursuit. As Eunjoo rushed towards Heesung, her hands trembling with fear, she could feel the weight of the moment pressing down on her like a suffocating blanket.

"Heesung! Heesung, no, please hold on!" Eunjoo's voice trembled with raw emotion as she knelt beside him, her hands hovering over his injured form, not daring to touch him for fear of worsening his condition. Dareum's gaze fell upon Eunjoo, a mixture of accusation and pain shimmering in her eyes.

"This is all your fault! If you had never shown up, if you hadn't been involved, none of this would have happened!" Dareum's voice crackled with anger and anguish, the stress of the moment clouding her judgment as she let her words lash out at Eunjoo in a torrent of blame.

Eunjoo's eyes brimmed with tears, her heart heavy with guilt and sorrow. She had tried to protect Hayoung, to make things right, but now, in this horrifying moment, everything had spiralled out of control. The bitter taste of regret and despair flooded her senses as she looked at Heesung, the man she had come to care for, lying wounded and vulnerable at her feet.

Heesung's breaths came in ragged gasps, his lips moved in a feeble attempt to speak, but words failed him. His gaze met Eunjoo's.

As the ambulance sirens wailed in the distance, Niki returned, his expression grim as he reported that the man had managed to escape, leaving no trace behind. Dareum's frustration boiled over, her eyes narrowed as she turned towards Eunjoo once more with a gaze filled with accusation.

"This is all on you, Eunjoo. If you hadn't been so selfish, none of this would have happened! Hayoung is missing, and Heesung is gravely injured because of your recklessness. You don't belong here," Dareum's words were laced with bitterness and blame, her posture rigid and unforgiving.

Eunjoo's heart clenched with a mix of guilt and sorrow, the weight of the situation bearing down on her shoulders like a heavy burden. She looked at Heesung, his once vibrant eyes now dimmed with pain and betrayal, a silent apology forming on her quivering lips.

As the paramedics arrived and rushed Heesung into the ambulance, Eunjoo stood there, a shell of her former self, the echoes of Dareum's accusations ringing in her ears. She watched as the vehicle faded into the distance, carrying the man she cared for deeply, his life hanging in the balance because of the events that had unfolded.

Eunjoo fell on her knees on the hard concrete as she sobbed, "What have I done? What should I do now? ".

Eunjoo's cries echoed through the empty alley, her heart heavy with guilt and despair. As tears blurred her vision, she felt a chilling presence behind her. Before she could react, a hand clamped over her mouth, and a voice whispered in her ear, "Don't make a sound. Follow me quietly, or we'll make sure Hayoung never sees the light of day again ". Then she felt the cold metal knife being pressed against her hips, she knew she had no choice.