❁𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑆𝑖𝑥❁

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚕
•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

As days went on, Eunjoo suddenly felt like she had a little brother. After spending some time with Heesung, the time with Niki felt like what a normal person would feel. First time in a while after coming into this house Eunjoo felt she was dealing with a normal person.

Niki started calling her Noona and sometimes helped with doing the dishes. They would do all the things that normally siblings would do like watching movies at late night, snacking, and playing games.
Niki also learned some cooking as he said he would miss the delicious food once he had to leave.

"Nikiya ", Eunjoo called between their game of Jenga.

Niki shifted his attention from the game to her, "Yes Noona, what is it? ".

Eunjoo prepared for what she was about to say, "You said you and Heesung had known each other since kids, then can you tell me something? ".

"Go ahead Noona, what is it? ", Niki responded with a little smile.

Eunjoo paused for a moment and then asked, "Was Heesung always like this? I mean the way he is, cold and harsh ".

Niki's smile faded as he looked down at the Jenga blocks in his hand in silence. He took a deep breath before answering, "Aniya Noona, Heesung Hyung wasn't always like this. He used to be the most kind-hearted and warm person you could ever meet. I would rather say he is just hurt ".

"He is trying to live with a fractured soul but sometimes, the pain is too heavy to carry with a smile ", Niki continued his voice filled with sadness.

Eunjoo could see the pain in Niki's eyes as he spoke about Heesung. She had never thought that there was such a deep reason behind Heesung's coldness. She felt a pang of sympathy for him, knowing that he was carrying such a heavy burden.

As Niki wiped away a tear that had escaped his eye, he continued speaking, his voice filled with emotion. "For orphans like us, 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘆 𝗛𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗢𝗿𝗽𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗮𝗴𝗲 becomes our second family and home. It was the same for Heesung Hyung. He used to take care of almost all the children present in the orphanage. He used to cherish them very much. But above all, no one could define how much Heesung Hyung loved Sunghoon Hyung and Jungwon Hyung. They came to the orphanage on the same day and have been inseparable since then. They always used to stick together and looked out for each other ".

Eunjoo's heart ached as she listened to Niki's words.

As the silence stretched between them, Niki finally spoke up again, his voice shaking with emotion. "But that one tragic accident shattered everything. He blames himself for Sunghoon Hyung's death, he thinks he should have been able to protect him somehow. It's like a dark shadow has consumed him ever since that day ".

Eunjoo felt a lump forming in her throat.
The weight of Niki's words hung heavy in the air, filling the room with a sense of sorrow and regret. Eunjoo felt a deep ache in her chest, knowing that the boy she got to know as a cold and harsh person was hiding so much pain beneath his cold exterior.

"I am sorry Noona, but, this much is all I can say ", Niki promptly said after maintaining his composure back.

Eunjoo sat there in stunned silence, her heart aching for Heesung and the pain he carried with him. She reached out and gently placed her hand on Niki's, offering him a small, comforting smile. "Thank you for sharing that with me, I can see now what made him this way ".