❁𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒❁

𝙰 𝙵𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝙷𝚘𝚙𝚎
•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

The Present Day...

That night, as the house settled into an eerie silence, Heesung found himself lost in his thoughts. The weight of his past seemed like a heavy burden he couldn't rid himself of. As he drifted off into an uneasy sleep, he found himself in a familiar nightmare.

He was back at the orphanage, with Sunghoon and Jungwon by his side. They were running around and playing, laughing, and having fun. But then, he felt himself being pulled away from them by an imaginary force, as he watched Sunghoon being dragged away by someone. He tried to fight it, to scream and call out to him, but he couldn't move an inch. He felt powerless.

Heesung watched in horror as Sunghoon screamed for help, his voice slowly fading until it was silence. He could see his friend's eyes closing, his body going limp. Heesung felt a surge of fear and regret as he watched Sunghoon's life vanish before his very eyes.

Heesung jolted awake, his body covered in sweat as he gasped for breath. He knew it was just a nightmare, but the pain and guilt that it brought felt all too real. He sat up on his bed, feeling hollow and lost. His heart hurt so much that it felt like it was being ripped apart.

Heesung didn't know how to deal with the pain, or how to make it stop. He wished he could just forget everything and move on, but he couldn't. The past was a heavy weight that he carried with him every single day.

As the night stretched on, Heesung remained awake, lost in his thoughts, his heart heavy with regret, and swimming through that pain and regret within himself became a faint hope for him. Heesung was alone in his pain, with no one but himself to turn to. And that thought seemed to hurt him even more

Or maybe he was wrong.

His eyes caught the plate of bibimbap on his nightstand with a glass of water. There was a small yellow sticky note on the table  

The words on the sticky note read, 𝐸𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑠 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑎 𝑏𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑏𝑖𝑏𝑖𝑚𝑏𝑎𝑝, 𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑎𝑣𝑜𝑟 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑓𝑙𝑎𝑣𝑜𝑟 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑘𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠, 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑎 𝑡𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑒 𝑜𝑓  ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒.

Heesung picked up the plate of bibimbap and took a bite, letting the flavors dance on his tongue. As he savored each bite, he felt a sense of warmth and comfort wash over him. Maybe, just maybe, there was a way to find peace and healing amidst the pain and regret that weighed so heavily on his heart. And maybe, just maybe, there was a chance for him to let go of the past and embrace the present, one bite of bibimbap at a time.

...

After he was done, he went to the kitchen carrying his empty plate and saw Eunjoo at the sink doing dishes.

"Why are you still up? ", Heesung spoke quickly getting her attention.

Eunjoo's eyes twinkled as she saw the empty plate in his hand.

Eunjoo smiled softly as she turned off the water and dried her hands. "I couldn't sleep, so I thought I'd clean up a bit," she replied, looking at Heesung with a mix of concern and curiosity.

Heesung shifted uncomfortably, feeling a rush of emotions he couldn't quite put into words. "Thank you for the bibimbap. It was delicious," he said quietly, holding up the empty plate as if to show his gratitude.