❁𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑒𝑛❁

𝙶𝚗aw𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙵𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜
•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

Early Morning, 6: 30 AM...

Heesung treaded in as quietly as possible, not wanting to wake up Eunjoo.
As Heesung tip-toed into the room, Eunjoo's eyes fluttered open. She blinked groggily, trying to focus on the figure standing by the door.

"Heesung? Where did you go so early?" Eunjoo whispered, her voice filled with curiosity.

"I went to grab some things from the shop ", he replied walking towards her.

"Here ", he handed a paper bag to her. "Wear these clothes and get ready ".

"Are we going somewhere Heesung? ", Eunjoo asked.

"Yeah... ", Heeusng nodded without saying anything further.

"Bu-but,  you said it's not safe to go out in this neighborhood ", she said hesitantly.

"I did, but, as long as I am with you it's going to be fine ", he replied and headed towards the kitchen.

... 

The whole room was silent, the only sound that echoed was the cluttering of the utensils.

"Can you add sugar to the cookie dough? ", he asked Eunjoo who was following the instructions and recipes he had given her.

"Ne ", Eunjoo responded diligently adding the salt.

And rigidly at that moment, Heesung turned around abruptly, eyes widening in horror.

"Yah! You idiot! ", he flared up. "Who bakes cookies with salt?! I specifically labeled the jars, how did you manage to sprinkle salt over the cookie dough? Now it will taste like punishment ".

"I- "

"How can you mistake salt for sugar? ", he continued stopping Eunjoo from speaking.

Eunjoo took a breath, "Why are you reacting like I have murdered the cookie dough? ".

"I am sorry that I carelessly added salt but I can turn them into salted brown sugar cookies ", she said hopefully.

"See ", she presented the cookies after fixing them.

Heesung picked one and munched on it. He couldn't control his expression as it was extremely scrumptious.

"If you keep on looking at the worst part you will miss the best part. It's good, isn't it? ", Eunjoo asked and smiled upon seeing him enjoying the cookie. Heesung no longer focused on the taste of the cookie as his eyes landed on her smile.

Her beautiful smile was like the sun breaking through the clouds on a gloomy day. It radiates warmth and joy. Her eyes sparkle with a contagious twinkle, as if tiny stars have been sprinkled within their depths.
She looked fragile but with that smile, she could make anyone cure the bitterness within themselves.

'Look at this idiot,  smiling so foolishly on a small thing ', Heesung inwardly said staring at her.

"Ahem ", Heesung cleared his throat before speaking,  "You said you don't know how to bake? ".