❁𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛❁

𝙰 𝙶𝚕𝚒𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚛 𝙾𝚏 𝙻𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚂𝚗𝚞𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚍 𝙾𝚞𝚝
•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

As the days passed and the pages of the calendar flipped, they were drawn closer together, each revealing a new layer of themselves to the other. Though they weren't yet at a point of undeniable closeness, there was a certain comfort in their presence, a feeling that perhaps the loneliness they once carried had begun to fade. And as they continued to learn and grow in each other's company, a bond began to form. A bond that seemed to benefit them in both ways. Eunjoo found herself settling into a routine, finding security in the shelter Heesung provided while Heesung no longer felt the need to rely on takeout meals to fill the void within him.

She worked tirelessly at her part-time jobs, determined to stand on her own two feet and relieve the burden she unintentionally placed upon Heesung.

...

"Hey, can you make me a cup of coffee? ", Heesung said to Eunjoo while passing kitchen. He sat in the living room and Eunjoo came after while carrying a cup of coffee.

Eunjoo carefully placed the steaming cup of coffee on the table in front of Heesung and settled into the chair opposite him. With a hesitant smile, she started, "Heesung, I've been thinking... I believe it might be time for me to consider moving out soon."

Heesung's gaze flickered with surprise from his laptop, a mix of emotions swirling in his eyes. "Move out?" He repeated, his voice sounding a touch unsure.

Eunjoo nodded, her hands fidgeting slightly in her lap. "Yes, I've been saving up from my part-time jobs, and I want to start standing on my own feet again. I don't want to burden you any longer than necessary."

Heesung leaned back in his chair, taking a moment to process her words, "Then did you decide when you will move out? ".

Eunjoo responded, "Ahm... probably by the end of this week ".

Heesung nodded his head and cleared his throat composing himself, " Can you consider staying at least until the end of the month? ". He paused. "Hayoung's birthday is coming up soon, and I know how much she adores you. It would mean a lot to her if you were here to celebrate ".

Eunjoo nodded slowly, a small smile playing on her lips, "Of course, Heesung. I wouldn't want to miss celebrating such a special day with her ".

Heesung stood up, a sombre expression crossing his face as he announced, "I have to go take care of something, and I might not be back home tonight. You don't have to wait up for dinner ".

Eunjoo's brow furrowed in concern, but she simply nodded, understanding the unspoken urgency in Heesung's tone. He reached out his hand towards her, "Give me your phone; I'll save my number in case you need anything while I'm away but call me if it's an emergency ".

A flicker of sadness passed over Eunjoo's eyes as she confessed, "I've never had a phone. My stepfather didn't allow me to have one. I used to have a basic keypad, but I think I lost it a while ago ".

Heesung's eyes softened at Eunjoo's words, a wave of empathy washing over him. Without a word, he turned and disappeared into his room, rummaging through a drawer until he found what he was looking for. He returned moments later, holding out an old, slightly battered smartphone towards Eunjoo.

"I don't use this anymore, but it's still in good working condition. Here, you can have it," Heesung said, a gentle smile on his face as he handed the phone over to Eunjoo.