BROKEN

Diego's POV

I was frozen in my seat when she finished talking. I couldn't believe what she said I know what I'm capable of and I know I can't rape a woman no matter how much I hate her, for god sake I'm not a rapist.

Her last statement really struck something in me the words were cold and without emotion but were still so deep. I was so lost in my thoughts that I did not notice she had already gotten up and left. I composed myself and signalled for the check, the waiter brought my check and I paid and stood up to try and catch up to her before she got to her room.

I was about to leave the restaurant when I saw her at the entrance talking and smiling at a guy who looked to be my age or even younger I was annoyed at the fact that she could smile at him but with me she's always either tense, scared or cold. I stormed over to them in time to hear her talk about a deal with him.

"........Sure a deal is a deal hand me your phone" I heard her say when I got to them

" Ashley we are not done talking" I said standing in front of her next to the guy ignoring him.

" I am done talking to you now could you stop following me" she said still looking at the phone typing in something I'm sure I'm not going to like so for the benefit of my sanity I didn't ask about it.

"Ashley who is this?" the guy asked her looking at me but I paid him no attention.

"No one" she said the same time I said

"Diego Ramos" she looked well more like glared at me when I said my name which made me smirk and finally look at the guy and added

" Father of her child"

" You are pregnant?"He asked sounding confused while looking at her

" Yes but that is a story for another day Liam. Now here is your phone, call me" she said smiling at him like I was Invisible.

" Okay I'll call you tomorrow, maybe we can grab a drink or something" the guy said smiling from ear-to-ear like dude she's carrying my baby and you have the guts to ask her out.

"Sur......." she started wanting to agree but I cut her off

" No she would not be meeting with you tomorrow" I said glaring at him then took her hand and pulled her away from him towards the elevator ignoring her protests.

"The hell is wrong with you" she screamed at me when we got into the elevator.

"What is wrong with me? The fuck was that huh? I told you no other guy is allowed to touch you when you have my child in you" I yelled at her finally tired of trying not to spook her but she had really pissed me off already.

" Back away I have told you not to touch me" she said moving back trying to get further away from me

I was about to reply when the elevator doors opened and she literally ran out of the elevator like I was about to kill her.

I followed her to the room quickly before she could close the door

" Look I have told you everything you need to know so why don't you just leave me alone" she said when I kept my legs in between the threshold stopping the door from closing it.

"Why don't you let me in?" I asked gently trying to convince her to talk to me more so I could try to understand everything.

" I don't feel comfortable being alone with you in the same room" she said not meeting my eyes.

" We need to talk Ashley and I'm trying to be as gentle and civil as I can here so please give me a minute" I said pleading desperately.

" We are done talking Diego. I had given you a minute before and it ended up leading to you not believing a word that I said. So I see no reason why I should spare you even a second of my time if it's just going to be fruitless. Just go back to New York and leave me and my baby alone" she said with finality evident in her voice but I could still hear the tiredness that slipped into her voice.