Obsidian Armor

AN:
Finally the next chapter. (I'm sorry it's late. I give you guys full permission to write comments asking me to get the next chapter out after a week and a half.) More or less a continuation of the last chapter.
I've also had a work on AO3 that I had set to anonymous that I've recently made un-anonymous that is an au about the civil war in season 6 if your looking for some nostalgia (after you read this chapter though of course.) I will also put it into Wattpad if someone wants it on.
End AN

When the vault opened, Impulse expected to see chests full of mycelium. There was not a single chest inside when the door opened.

Grian rushed in front of Impulse and Etho before stopping at the entrance of the vault. Impulse looked over Grian's head to see inside.

The room was filled with grass with a single piece of mycelium. Impulse can barely make out a sign reading "the last piece of mycelium" on the side of the mycelium.

All of a sudden Grian fell. Paying closer attention to the room, Impulse noticed some type of armor laying on the ground that Grian was focusing on.

The armor reminded him of something but he could think of what it could be. Actually, now that Impulse was thinking of it, how would you get armor like that in the first place? It seems to be almost a combination of armor you can get from Hub and armor that you can craft. 

Armor created in Hub is the only type of armor that can go through portals but always ends up losing all its protection. The Hub armor is, for the most part, the only armor that looks different than the default crafting armor. 

Crafted armor actually does protect people. No one knows exactly why or how it works but if you get hit by an arrow in Hub armor, you would feel a ton of pain compared to crafted armor that seems to absorb part of the damage.

Admins might know because crafted armor was created by older admins, who knows how long ago, so there could be some type of protection.

"Grian? Are you alright?" Impulse asked. Grian didn't even react to him.

"Does he do this often?" Ethos asked, walking around Grian into the room. Impulse walked in behind him and looked down at Grian only to see slightly dazed and unfocused eyes.

"No. I've never seen this happen before and unless this happened the first week that Grian and Ren were hippies, Ren most likely hasn't seen this happen either. If this has happened before, Mumbo would be the one to most likely see it," Impulse answered. 

Etho walked up to the mycelium in the center of the room, reading the sign.

"All of this for one piece," Ethos grabbed the mycelium revealing an observer underneath. 

A few seconds later Impulse heard TNT exploding outside the vault. The two rushed out to see a giant hole in the back wall of the factory revealing tons of mycelium scattered from exploded shulker boxes and more shulker boxes sitting full of mycelium.

A constant ticking was playing of broken redstone caused by the explosion, stopping whatever purpose it was meant to be used for. Judging by the fact that there was TNT inside of it, mostly to explode the mycelium.

The two gathered the mycelium and took as much as they could. They would need to have Grian take the rest.

Etho turned around before pausing. He pulled his mask slightly down and took a deep breath through his nose before turning to Impulse. "Do you smell that?"

Impulse took a deep breath before freezing. A few minutes ago the air had a strong scent of gunpowder from the TNT. That scent was now being overtaken by a strong rancid stench. The rancid stench was different from that of a zombie in how strong it was.