Trust

AN:
I got a chapter done a lot earlier than I usually do! My goal is to hopefully get two more chapters done by the end of two weeks.
I got two weeks left before school starts and I'm starting college so I'm going to try to get as much done in these next two weeks because I will probably be a lot busier when school starts.
End AN

Out of all the idiotic things that Grian could do, he had to send Scar a death threat.

While everyone else is running around like headless chickens trying to figure out who sent the message while trying to make sure that Scar had someone with him at all times, Mumbo knows it was Grian.

After learning that Grian can forge things, he was able to watch and learn a bit about forging himself.

If it wasn't for the fact that Mumbo knows Grian, he would have told everyone who sent it. 

Mumbo held the arrow close to his face while he walked through the tunnel connecting his and Grian's hobbit hole. His thumb traced over the "⊣⍊" on the side of the arrowhead.

The initials to his name, GX, in the "enchanting table language". Or Galactic as Grian told him with a horrified face when he asked about it and called it that. Adding another spoon moment for the count.

He focused on how to do redstone rather than reading another language.

Mumbo pulled a chorus fruit out of his inventory as soon as he got to the steps that led into Grian's hobbit hole. After eating it, he teleported through the wall into another tunnel that leads straight into Grian's workshop.

Mumbo walked through until he was in view of the cavern. Just as he was about to walk into the cave and make his presence known, he saw Grian with another person and walked back to hide behind the corner of the tunnel.

"... You sure?" The other person asked. Looking around the corner, he noticed that she was wearing a hoodie and had her back turned away from him. It wasn't one of the Hermits. He didn't recognize her voice and all the girls, except False, left when the world was closing and it definitely wasn't False.

"I showed you the arm. You know no one would be able to survive that bad of a wound without being healed and he was alone. It is also not out of the ordinary for Yuki to do something like that. Remember when we found that she went after Salem? Her severed head was on top of a pile of the rest of her severed limbs. Both her and her…"

"You still blame yourself over what Sam did, don't you?"

"Please… please do not say his name, Pearl."

The name clicked in Mumbo's mind. Pearl. One of Grian's friends from Legacy. Their old-world got destroyed so they had to get a new one to reconnect it. Or… planning on it. Now that Mumbo thought about it, their members had to travel through 2B2T to get to Hub because they didn't have a world. He thinks he remembers that their admin is staying in X-Life with their old admin to sort out getting another world. He was the only one in one of the now two worlds.

"It wasn't…"

"My fault. I have heard that so many times over the years but, you guys were not there. You did not see what happened. I could have saved…" Grian cuts himself off before starting again, even quieter causing Mumbo to barely be able to hear him. "I could have saved Taurtis. I froze when he betrayed us and I ran. I ran away and let my best friend get killed. I put my trust in someone who then killed my best friend in front of me. I let my guard down and literally got stabbed with a knife in the chest."

Mumbo shouldn't be hearing this. Grian protects his past with his life. He doesn't know that he is admitting his past instead of doing some argument he has all the time with an old friend.