Cookies

AN:
I got the next chapter out! It took me a bit longer than I was hoping because the days I was planning to write it I had writers block not in the sense that I couldn't think of what to write but in the sense that I just didn't feel like writing. And school starts in a week.
I will try to have another chapter out by next Monday (hopefully).
End AN

Grian walked back from Biggerton with the supplies he bought from the market. Sam, Taurtis, and Grian had set up a small camp outside the town. The locals were familiar with them from passing through and helping them. Their team stayed in Concord for most of the time. The ardoni clans were located closer to that area so Grian was able to help if there was a problem happening with them. Biggerton wasn't the best town when it came to interacting with other species but it wasn't the worst. 

On his way back to camp, Grian stopped by the blacksmith to grab some metal. When he walked in, the blacksmith looked up from the iron pickaxe he was forging. "Come to buy some more iron?" the blacksmith asked Grian as he walked over to a pile of metal.

"Yes, I am getting low. Sam lost his knives again so I have to forge new ones," he said while looking through the iron ingots.

"Well, you can take as many as you like. Don't forget to leave the money on the counter on your way out." The blacksmith said while he started working back on the pick while Grian grabbed some of the iron. He left a few gold ingots on the counter before leaving.

He got back to the camp only to notice that it was quiet. Usually, someone would be out doing something. "Hey guys, I am back. Sorry, it took so long, I stopped by the blacksmith to get more iron," Grian took the supplies out of his inventory and set them next to the campfire. Just as he was about to sit down near the fire, he heard yelling from the tent. He rushed over, leaving the just bought supplies.

He opened the tent door only to freeze in the doorway. Sam had out a knife that was pinned to Taurtis. Sam kept trying to take a book that Taurtis clutched onto. Taurtis looked over at Grian and broke free of the knife. He rushed over to Grian and thrust the book at him. "Grian, you need to get out of here! Sam is one of the rebels! You need to give this to the Enderking!" Taurtis said rushed.

Sam saw Grian holding the book and threw a knife at him. Right before it could hit, Taurtis used his sword to stop the knife from hitting him. Grian broke out of his frozen state and ran out into the forest to their dragons. He heard a bloodcurdling scream behind him. He slowed to a stop, horror filling his face. He recognized the scream.

Sam killed Taurtis.

He couldn't think about it now. He had to keep going.

He hurried faster through the trees before he heard a knife cutting through the air. He dodged it as it embedded itself into the tree next to him, right where his head had been. He glanced at the knife before immediately looking away at what he saw. His reflection in the metal of the blade. He had almost just been killed by the knife. The knife he made. The knife he gave to Sam. Sam who is or… was his friend. 

It was all his fault.

"Xelqua," Grian called out to his dragon. Xelqua ran over to Grian giving him the chance to jump on. Grian held onto the scales of Xelqua as he took off into the air.

Down below, an angry scream tour through the air, scaring all the birds nearby to fly into the sky around them.

Grian woke up, gasping for air. His nightmares were getting worse. Most of the time the dream would cut sporadically to different parts. This was one of the first times he had the full nightmare. The full memory.