Questions

AN:

Sorry for this chapter being late (both in terms of time of day and date). I was on a trip for half a week so I didn't get much time to work on the chapter. After I post this, I'm going on another trip to a place without service, WiFi, or electricity for three days (aka I'm going camping) so I won't be able to write at all during that time.

Fun fact, a Magic Treehouse book is about 5,000-12,000 words long, according to google while Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is about 76,900 words. We are currently around half the Sorcerer's Stone length and almost 3 times as long as a long Magic Treehouse book.
End AN

"You're not the only Enderknight, are you?" Etho watched Grian's eyes widen even more than they already were. He hit the nail on the head.

"Etho, are you hearing yourself right now? Me? An Enderknight? I hardly go to the End in the first place and who else could possibly be one," Grian forced a smile.

"You know, when X was looking for you to check up on you, he was asking everyone if they've seen you. I asked why and he told me that Scott asked him to. Now I could be wrong but, I don't think you're super close to Scott that he would know that there is something wrong with you to ask X to regularly check on you. In fact, it seemed like it was a one-time thing. If he'd noticed something at MCC, I doubt he would have waited a few days to show his concern."

"Okay? I do not get how that is relevant to this conversation…"

"It was the day that everyone was banned from the End, unless for emergencies because it became dangerous to be there. I would imagine that Enderknights would have some connection to the End. I believe Scott also has one of your old friends in his world, someone from the same unknown world as you. If something happened to him, it might be safe to assume that something could have happened to you."

Grian looked behind Etho, towards Impulse. "Impulse, you do not think I am an Enderknight, right?"

Etho turned around to see Impulse rubbing the back of his neck. "Well, Etho has made some really good points."

Etho huffed. Why won't Grian just accept that they know? Why couldn't he trust them in the first place? Even though Etho himself hasn't known Grian for years, he's known most of them for that long and Mumbo for a bit longer. Why couldn't he trust them? A small voice inside of Etho called him a hypocrite. How did he have the right to judge if everyone had the right to know Grian's past?

"If… if I tell you… do you promise that you won't tell anyone? When I say anyone, I also mean the other resistance members," Grian said without meeting their eyes.

If anything, that confirmed it. Not being able to tell anyone else though…

Etho looked over to Impulse with a hesitant look. 

"Only if you answer a few questions," Impulse proposed, trying to find a way to balance out the deal.

Grian nodded to the request, "within reason. There might be some questions that I am not comfortable answering if you do not mind."

Etho nodded his head.

"What would you like to know?"