Withers and Graves

AN:

A semi regular chapter! This should be the last one on the factory break-in arc that I accidentally created.

This chapter officially marks the Google doc I'm writing this in is too long so Grammarly won't give me editing suggestions anymore (yes that's how I edit, don't judge). I had to copy and paste the chapter into another Google doc and repaste the edited version into the original. To be fair though, the Google doc is 72 pages long in 1.15 spacing with Ariel 11 font.

I hope you enjoy.

End AN

"I… I need to go. I need to find the others to let them know," Grian started rushing out the door before he got stopped by Etho.

"Wait, you mean, tell your other friends that one of you guy's had died?"

"Yes, I need to tell Pearl and Tim what happened to Zee."

"You mean by going into their worlds? I don't think that's the best idea."

"What do you mean?"

"Didn't you hear about Pearl's world? They spawned a bunch of withers and had to evacuate because of how bad it got. They had to use the portal through 2B2T to get to Hub."

Grian sucked in a breath. This was bad.

This was very bad.

If they are being hunted, they need to know. Being separated from each other than they already were is even worse. They are against a group with the element of surprise and numbers. 

"I… I…," Grian paused as he tried to find something to say, "… I still need to tell them."

Grian ran out of the factory before flying outside. He ignored the shouts behind him as he flew before he landed in front of the world portal. 

Without hesitation, he ran through the portal before being met with a row of statues on one side of him and a fountain on the other. There was lush plant life surrounding him with a path bordered by the occasional bench. 

He reached into his inventory for a rocket only to come up empty.

He went through the portal.

He had no items.

He ran up the stairs on the other side of the lowered spawn area to an area filled with shops selling unusual things.

Grian looked around for anyone only to see the empty streets and shops surrounding him. He ran further down the streets until he saw a man walking out of a church. He looked familiar from somewhere.

The man was wearing some kind of toga with a green edging. His hair was brown with a green stripe down the center.

The man started down the road towards him before he stopped when he saw Grian.

Grian ran up to the man, "I need to talk with Jimmy. Where can I find him?"

"Who?... How did you get here? I thought our world was closed off?"

"It is, I am from Hermitcraft. Where is Jimmy?"

"I forgot that the worlds were connected. Not used much though. Who are…"

"I need to speak to Jimmy urgently! I am sorry but I do not have time to waste."

The man pulls his communicator out, "right, sorry. I'll send him a message to get here on my communicator," he put the communicator away before holding out his hand. All Grian could do is wait.

"I just realized I haven't introduced myself. My name is Joel."

Grian wanted to bang his head on something for not realizing. Of course, it's Joel. His brain didn't recognize him in the panic.