The Game: Part 6

I stand in my receiver position and wait for the snap. In a way, its weird sanding here, knowing that any one these next hits could be my last. I push away those fun thoughts and focus on something else. I can see the scoreboard, its numbers glowing a bright orange in the foggy night. It was the third quarter and the score was 36-6. We were all tired, we've been running for about an hour and we've been hit, dogpiled on and some of the unlucky ones, hospilized. I look backed at Erik and give him a nod and surprisingly, he returns it. He holds his hands out and shouts "HUT" The ball goes flying smoothly into his hands. He backs up and.....Gets knocked to the ground by a huge Center. Tatum helps Erik up and they jog back to the 50 yard line. I can see Erik curse under his helmet, some of those words would make nuns faint. The ball is snapped and this time Erik releases it. It goes soaring through the air, toward Jack, an inside reciever. It gets knocked out of the air and onto the ground.

"Time Out!" Coach shouts, his face resembled a tomato, a very mad and angry tomato. We jog back to coach, my heart was racing and I could feel my vision blur. My breathing started to become ragged and I couldn't focus. I swayed slightly in my feet. Come on Brianna, keep steady if you want to stay in the game. The feeling of raw dread filled me, it sitting there in the pit of my stomach like a chunk of lead. I feel someone move closer to me and it take me a moment to realize what he is doing, he is steadying me. My mind and vision clears and I get the game plan. We break and I turn to see who helped me. My brown eyes stare into shimmering green eyes, Erik.

"Thanks." I whisper so only he can hear it.

"Welcome." He says, stopping at his position while I stride on to mine.
He calls hut and the game is on. We come back, making an amazing recovery. We start to play out hearts out. The grin was sliding of of evil golden carrots ( a.k.a the Eagles Coach ) face. We came back so the score was tied, the crowds were cheering, the cheerleaders were cheering and even some of the other team's visitors were cheering for us. I get to my position, resting my arm on my knee, knowing coach was going to go mad if he saw me do that. A huge safety stands in front of me and he looks oddly familiar.

"Yo, Brianna." My head snaps toward the sound of the voice, the safety. It can't be.....

"You miss me?" He said, sneering.

Standing right in front of me was, Derik.

So sorry that it took me so long for this short chapter. I had major writers block and I jut couldn't write, again really sorry, but I hope you enjoy. I'm trying to fix my email so hopefully soon I will be able to talk to some of you guys through comments or things. Thank you guys for voting an commenting, it really makes me feel good. Thank you for your endless support and fingers crossed the next chapter won't take so long. Have and AMAZING day.

BTW, check out my friends wonderful book called Gluten, Wolf and Other things that could kill me. bluehusky88 I would be really happy if you showed her some support. AKA book cover was made by me, that's why it looks so awesome, jk. ( but I really did make that amazing's book cover) Go check her out.